1978 Toyota Pickup SR-5 Factory Wolverine 4×4 = Rare $obo For Sale
Located in the USA...
1978 Toyota Pickup Truck SR-5 Factory Wolverine 4×4 = US-specs...
Make an Offer...$Best offer please...USD....obo...
Model: SR-5 Wolverine 4x4 Pickup
1978 Toyota Pickup SR-5 Factory Wolverine 4×4
• One of the only documented Toyota Wolverine pickups still known to exist today!
•Wolverines were only sold new at special authorized Toyota dealers
•Sold new on 01/31/1979 at Wescoat Motor Co. in Cape Girardeau Missouri
•Sold new to a local landscaper who owned the Wolverine until 2002
•Second owner, also from Cape Girardeau owned the truck until 2019
•Documentation includes original dealer Wolverine package invoice, original Wolverine warranty booklet, original Wolverine manual, original 1977 Pickup Van & 4WD magazine featuring the Wolverines, original Toyota manual and the original Toyota owners guide
•Optional Wolverine rear tube bumper, Wolverine front grill guard and California Step Side Bed
•Toyota Wolverine Package cost $3,922.00 plus the cost of the truck of $5,092 for a total of $9,020!
•Specialized Automotive Engineering of Van Nuys California performed the 4×4 conversions
•Parent company of SAE was Offroad Marketing of Garden Grove, California and was the distributor for the Toyota authorized Wolverines
•Spicer 30 drive axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs designed by SAE, correct SAE locking hubs
•Dana 20 2-speed transfer case, Wolverine speedometer adaptor and Wolverine skidplate
•Toyota White with correct Wolverine outlined three color graphic scheme
•2.2L SOHC four-cylinder engine with Four-speed manual transmission (original 5-speed is included)
•Correct Wolverine custom aluminum oil pan
•Factory front disk brakes with correct Wolverine 4×4 hub adaptors
•Stock power steering was relocated by Wolverine to front of the drive axle
•Cab rear slider window
- Remember the other car star of the “Back to the Future” films?
- Yes, the rugged looking black Toyota 4×4 Sport Truck!
- While we do not have a clone of Marty McFly’s Toyota 4×4 SR5 Club Cab, but this example is even more rare and desirable then Marty’s pickup but still captures the impressionable pop culture that these little Toyota sport trucks had on the US market when new in the late 1970’s and 1980’s.
- Our Classic Cars is excited to present one of the only documented Toyota authorized Wolverine pickups still known to exist today!! You will never find another documented Toyota Wolverine 4×4 like this again!
So what exactly is a Toyota Pickup Wolverine 4×4?
- Before Toyota offered a factory 4×4 pickup truck for the American market they partnered with Offroad Marketing of Garden Grove, California who was to produce and be the distributor for the Toyota authorized 4×4 Wolverines to be sold at dealers across the county.
- They performed the conversion work at Specialized Automotive Engineering of Van Nuys California and then eventually expanding to Conversions Unlimited of Sunnyvale, California and Tolsdorf Industries of Putman, Connecticut for the east coast dealers.
- Wolverines could only be purchased new from authorized Toyota dealers.
- On this particular Toyota Wolverine 4×4, the Wolverine Package cost $3,922.00 plus the cost of the truck of $5,092 for a total of $9,020!
- Included with the conversion package was a Spicer 30 drive axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs designed by SAE, SAE locking hubs, Dana 20 2-speed transfer case, Wolverine speedometer adaptor, Wolverine skidplate, factory front disk brakes with Wolverine 4×4 hub adaptors, Wolverine custom aluminum oil pan, optional Wolverine rear tube bumper, Wolverine front grill guard, California Step Side Bed and the stock power steering was relocated by Wolverine to front of the drive axle.
- We recently purchased this truck from a town 100 miles south of our dealership in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
- This truck was sold new at Cape Girardeau and remained in the same town with only two owners until 2019. Sold new off the showroom floor on 01/31/1979 at Wescoat Motor Co. to a local landscaper, Harry Bertrand, Jr. After owning the Wolverine for many decades, he sold the truck to another local resident in 2002 and we purchased the truck from that gentleman this year in 2019.
- Documentation included with this Wolverine is the original Wescoat Motor Co. Wolverine package invoice, original Wolverine warranty booklet, original Wolverine operators manual, original 1977 Pickup Van & 4WD magazine featuring the Wolverines, original Toyota manual and the original Toyota owners guide with dealer delivery information.
- Finished in Toyota White the previous owner performed a Wolverine outlined three color graphic scheme to match the graphics of the original Wolverine press car that was performed by Kim & Ed’s Art of Fullerton, California.
- This truck is equipped with the Toyota 2.2L SOHC four-cylinder engine with 4-speed manual transmission but the original 5-speed is included with the sale.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....mtx
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts