This 4 Seater is finished in Blue with black vinyl interior
Comments: 1600cc Ford Crossflow engine and 5 speed gearbox, recent engine and suspension overhaul and new clutch, electronic ignition, fibreglass wings.
This car does not meet our normal showroom standards and as such we are selling it as a rolling restoration project. Although it has a current MOT, the car is not roadworthy and requires work before being taken on the road.
As it is being sold as a project, it will not be serviced or MOT'd before sale and will not be provided with any sort of a warranty.
We have conducted an inspection in our workshop and following this, a condition report is available on the car. We would recommend reading this, and also physically viewing the car, before deciding whether or not to buy.
Report on Morgan 4/4 4-seater – JUM 571N
This Morgan was supplied new in 1975 by Otley Motors. The history file contains extensive amounts of information on work done to the car during the 1980s, but there is little history between then and 2016 when the last owner bought the car as a project requiring work. The previous owner to him had owned the car for 18 years and in total the car’s had 4 owners.
When the last owner bought the car, as a previous owner had carried out work to the ash frame and bodywork, he decided to concentrate on mechanical works as the next stage in the project. He had the engine stripped down and overhauled including rebore, reground crankshaft, new bearings. A new clutch was fitted, along with a new water pump, fuel pump and starter motor. The front suspension was rebuilt including new king pins and bushes, new rear springs were fitted and the rear brakes overhauled with new wheel cylinders, brake shoes and brake pipes.
However, there is still work that needs doing to the car – structurally, mechanically and cosmetically – and as such it does not meet our normal showroom standards and so we are selling it as a project requiring further work.
Although the car has a valid MOT which runs until 9th January 2020, we would advise that it should be viewed as unroadworthy as there are a number of faults that would be MOT fails if we put it through an MOT test today.
As described on our website and in this document, this Morgan is being sold as a project requiring work, and as such it will not come with any sort of warranty. The faults identified during a comprehensive inspection in our workshop are listed in this document. However, please be aware that we cannot guarantee this is the full list of items that might require attention.
As with any project car that we sell, we always advise that someone comes to see the car in the flesh. They can then assess the likely scale of the project and make an informed decision as to whether it is right for them or not.
We are of course happy to do our best to answer any additional questions that someone may have.
Essential items (from mechanical or MOT point of view) that need attention
• Rear stop and sidelights not operating correctly
• Wiper blades split
• Ash frame has movement in the offside door hinge pillar, although the wood appears sound.
• The rear goal post of the ash frame is loose.
• Bulkhead rusting through under battery and a poor repair on the offside
• Handbrake rod fouling on fuel tank and poor operation of handbrake
• Excessive play in steering top column bush
• Radiator in poor condition
• Front brake discs worn and brake hoses need replacing
• Bad repair to offside valance and not to MOT standards
• Horn intermittent
• No pedal rubbers
Other items needing attention
• Windscreen is cracked
• Hood is torn and in poor condition and needs to be replaced
• Engine overfilled with oil
• Offside wing support has come adrift
• Leak from steering box
• Radiator bracket broken
• Signs of corrosion to front edge of rear box section of the chassis
• Screw touching brake pipe on offside of chassis, mid section
• Heater very slow operation
• Rev counter stuck
• Ignition warning light stays on
• Oil gauge doesn’t return to zero
• Exhaust blow between manifold and cylinder head
• Engine is not running smoothly and has a bit of a misfire – we have not investigated further
• The paintwork is ‘tired’ overall and is poor on the wings and the car would benefit from a respray
• Interior is basically complete but would benefit from tidying.
• Although the tyres have plenty of tread, they are 7 years old and are showing some signs of age related cracking. As their overall condition cannot be vouched for they should probably be replaced
• As the car is not roadworthy, we have not undertaken it for a road test, but the clutch and gears appear to operate correctly.
Choose Melvyn Rutter Ltd to supply your Morgan wherever you are in the world! You should experience a good saving due to the current exchange rate against the pound. Export cars are sold without the.....
This is a 1978 Morgan 4/4, 4 seater with the Ford Kent 1600 crossflow engine.
A traditional Morgan in every sense this gives the full Morgan experience with room for the kids/dog/luggage in the back.
The Morgan Motor Company was founded in 1909 and builds sports cars for more than 100 years. After the legendary Threewheelers a car with 4 wheels was built from 1936. It had a 4 cylinder engine and.....
I have for sale my 1973 Morgan 4/4 1600cc ( Kent engine)
4 seater. it comes with side screens,soft top and tonneau cover.The car was rebuilt before i bought it and had a new chassis fitted. it has.....