1965 BACKDRAFT COBRA AC = Fast 427R Roush 550-HP $66.7k For Sale
Located in the USA...
Make Backdraft Racing
Color Red and White
Engine 427R Roush motor
Transmission Tremec 600 5 speed
Other 550 HP, Halibrand Knock offs, custom chassis!
1965 BACKDRAFT COBRA
- If you are a classic car person then the name Carroll Shelby surely has a special place in your heart. The man had his hand in some of the most iconic vehicles to hit the road. One of his early projects was the AC Cobra. Typically AC cars were built with smaller motors but Shelby had a dream of packing a V8 into one. He initially approached Chevrolet to do the motor but they did not want to participate in the Cobra project knowing it would be strong competition for the Corvette. He then approached Ford who started supplying him motors.
- What was born was one of the coolest factory race cars ever created....The Shelby Cobra. This awesome machine became a dream car for many out there and was one of the top performance vehicles on the road. Nowadays they fetch a hefty price tag with one variant bringing in a price in the millions. Luckily for the rest of us there are now replicas being produced which make them much more affordable.
- Although there are a number of companies building these cars nowadays not every replica is created equally. Just like 32 Fords there are varying qualities of bodies out there with some being much better than others. For Cobras one of the undisputed best is the Backdraft Racing Cobras. These cars are close to the originals and are just very well made.
- This 65 Backdraft Cobra is in excellent condition and extremely well built. We have seen many Cobras over the years and this Backdraft is top notch. It is painted in a very nice Red with dual White racing stripes. The finish of the paint is beautiful and very slick. The car features the single chrome roll bar and thin bumperettes. The wheels are Halibrand true knock off wheels which are the correct style for this car and they are wrapped with brand new Nitto tires.
- Powering this beast is a Roush 427R Engine that runs extremely well.
- That is part of what makes these Cobras so unique. We don't want to knock anyone else's car but seeing one of these Cobras with 289 or 302 in it just doesn't feel right. The 427 is what they should have and Roush has the perfect motor for it. Below is a completed breakdown of the motor specifications directly from Roush.
- In addition to being built well the car is packed with chrome/polished parts so it looks just as good as it runs. Paired with the motor is a Tremec 600 5 speed transmission with hydraulic clutch that shifts smoothly.
- It has an BMW limited slip independent rear end in it with 3:73 gears so you get the perfect mix of quick take offs and highway cruising speed. You can't beat the sound of this car escaping through the ceramic coated headers and sidepipes with heatshields.
- The car has power disc brakes under all four corners and stops with no issues. In cars like this heating issues can always come into play but with the aftermarket aluminum radiator with electric fans this thing avoids any temp problems.
- The suspension consists of BMW E36 independent front, adjustable shock absorbers and a front and rear swaybars.
- The custom Backdraft Racing chassis is made from top grade 2x4 inch rectagular steel tubing with 3mm wall thickness. It is reinforced with steel plates in the high stress areas and is fully powder coated as well.
• 550 H
• 9.5 deck height
• Small block
• Iron 4-bolt block
• Steel crank
• H-beam rods
• Forged pistons
• Aluminum CNC ported heads
• Roller cam
• Single plane intake
• Holley 4-barrel carb
• Dynamometer tested
• Premium fuel
• Turn-key ready
• 2-year / 24,000-mile limited warranty
• Engine Family: SBF
• Displacement: 427 cid
• Power: 550 hp
• Torque: 535 ft-lbf
• Cylinder Block: 9.500" Iron
• Crankshaft Type: Steel
• Crankshaft Stroke: 4.000 in
• Piston Type: Forged Aluminum
• Conrod Type: Steel H-Beam
• Timing Chain: Double Roller
• Lifter: Hydraulic Roller
• Cylinder Head: Aluminum
• Intake Port: CNC
• Intake Manifold Material: Aluminum
• Intake Manifold Config: Single Plane
• Fueling: Carburetor
• Fuel Grade: Premium Gasoline
• Oil Weight: 10W-30
• Max Engine Speed: 6250 rp
=The cockpit of the car is done in Black and Red with dual heated bucket seats. The Black wool carpeting is in excellent shape and edged with Black piping. You will find that the Backdraft version of these cars provides a more spacious cockpit which makes it a much more comfortable vehicle to drive. It also opens it up to other potential drivers who might have not fit very well in other versions.
- The dash is topped with AutoMeter vintage gauges and all of the controls. 4 point racing harnesses, a woodgrain steering wheel, a custom shifter....the list just goes on and on.
- We guarantee you wont find a weak area anywhere on this car.
- If you are ready to take that Cobra dream car from your poster and park it in your garage look no futher.
- If you do your research on the various Cobras available you will find that Backdraft is listed with the best of them.
-This car comes with full records and documentation, a car cover, and a cockpit tonneau cover.
It is being offered up for the very reasonable $66,750.00!
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....joshz
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts