The factory records show this genuine Black Shadow was completed 19th July 1951 and
dispatched to Whittaker's of Blackpool where it was registered FFR 69 on the 24th ’51.
These records also show that the upper frame member (UFM) was incorrectly stamped and recored as 9224 it was then corrected in the build sheet and the rear frame member (RFM) was stamped 9234, the engine case numbers 68SS match. This information was confirmed by the Vincent Ones Club and is also recorded on a Certificate of Authenticity supplied wit the bike along with the factory build sheets.
The first owner is thought to be a Mr Ernest Wright who’s name appears on a DVLA ownership trace record and on a copy of buff logbook, he is thought to have owned the bike for some 38 years selling the bike in 1989 to a Mr John Ruff who intern sold it 1994 to a Mary Haigh who sold the bike in 2000 to the previous owner of some 18 years.
During this period it was restored by John Weedon in the late 1980’s, and was very well maintained by the previous owner with many receipts and bills for work in the comprehensive history file that accompanies this fine example.
Having featured in Classic Bike magazine in July 2007 ( copy on file ) and also the VOC’s own DVD about Black Shadows it remains in very good overall cosmetic condition and is in fine running order having just had a service in our workshop. Fitted with a centre ‘tread down’ stand it is great example of one of the most coveted and collectible classic motorcycles.
For more pictures go to - details above
This most attractive 1951 Mercedes 170s sort after Cabriolet with its cream and black bodywork, Cream leather interior, Black Mohair hood and deep wool carpets.
This Beautiful Car has been treated.....
Reference Number AW160216b
Make Aston Martin Lagonda
Model Lagonda 3.0L DHC
Drive Side right
Odometer reading 71320
Exterior Colour Green
Interior Colour Cream
Tudor Grey over Shell Grey with Grey hide upholstery piped Navy Blue. Considered the most desirable of all with a short boot and manual gearbox. Supplied new in Australia and a very good corrosion.....
One of the very fist deliveries of the series...out of a well known collection. First registration october 17th, 1951 to Feldmühle papermaking pulp factory near Bielefeld, germany... only 3 owners.....