1959 DODGEM Bumper Car +Fast Kawasaki 700 KFX Quad $25.5k For Sale
A Rare 1 Off Build Running Gear: Kawasaki 700 KFX Quad, 697/42.5 SOHC – 4 stroke, 2 cylinder - V-Twin, Shaft Driven, water cooled by electric puller-fan.... = 40 MPH.... = Fun Street(~)Legal !!
Model Bumper Car
Color Half Past Midnight
Interior Brown Leather
Engine Kawasaki 700 KFX Quad
Transmission Kawasaki Automatic (1 fwd/1 reverse)
Other The only street legal Dodgem known to exist!
1959 Social History and Bumper Cars
- Significant 1959 facts: Castro comes to power in Cuba. Dalai Lama forced to flee Tibet. Barbie Doll launched. Alaska becomes 49th State. Hawaii the 50th State. St. Lawrence Seaway completed. NASA introduces first Astronauts. Average new house $12,400. Standard yearly wage $5,010.00. Typical gallon of gas 25-cents. Median new car cost $2200. Movie ticket $1.00. Common loaf of bread 20-cents….
- Popular television included “Rawhide,” “Bonanza” and “The Twilight Zone.” There were few fun zone essentials which became popular history around every county, state fairs and amusement parks. The Ferris Wheel for an example or perhaps the iconic Merry-Go-Round; however none held such enjoyable interest as Bumper Cars.
- The reason, simple: people could actually operate them! Nowadays bumper cars generally show-up in museums as collectibles.
- The Stoehrer brothers were the first to patent their bumper cars, filed December 1920, which created the Dodgem Company... Initial cars were of course powered by electricity.
- Their bumper cars were then considered “the Rolls Royce of amusement devices.” The Dodgem Company was later bought out/taken over by another company during the 1970’s.
1959 DODGEM – Extremely Rare Street Legal Bumper Car
- However switching into present time, this exceptional, innovative 1959 Dodgem bumper car For Sale is titled, licensed and insured in the State of Idaho.
- The only street legal Dodgem bumper car known to exist.
- Buyers alert: this is an extraordinary opportunity to be the one person in the world to own a street legal Dodgem bumper car!
- While there exist a few street legal bumper cars, this uniquely special car is the only street legal Dodgem bumper car.
- With that said, if interested in owning a street legal bumper car, you do need to check your state requirements as to what is required for street legal status.
- The bumper car has headlights, taillights, brake lights, dual outside mirrors, horn, windshield, and maintains highway speeds effortlessly.
- A 1959 Dodgem, not only uniquely unusual, is an absolute kick to drive.
- As the seller expresses, “I’ve owned a dozen or so classic cars and hot rods over the years and the bumper car is probably the most fun I’ve had with a street machine.”
- As seen from photos, the car has a narrow, short wheel base, and high gravity center.
- A safe speed is 40-mph with between 35-40-mph a relaxed cruising speed.
-Nevertheless the bumper car is a huge hit in parades, for business displays, and has won numerous awards at car shows, including Best of Show, Sponsor’s Choice, People’s Choice, Mayor’s Choice, Best Special Interest, Best Engineered, and as a select “featured vehicle” at major auto shows.
- The Dodgem was featured in the 2019 edition of American National Insurance Companies, and within a highlighted collector car calendar which is included with the car records for new owner enjoyment. Many historic collectables and files go along with the sale as well.
Body: 1959 DODGEM. Dodgem bumper cars were built from 1921 to 1972... The first fiberglass versions appeared in 1959.
- It’s believed the car comes from Myrtle Beach Fun Zone and Promenade originally in SC.
Paint: “Half Past Midnight” applied by Bobby Alloway’s Hot Rod Shop, Louisville TN.
Interior: Wide Tuck Leather by Steve Holcomb’s Pro Auto Interiors, Knoxville TN.
Running Gear: Kawasaki 700 KFX Quad, 697/42.5 SOHC – 4 stroke, 2 cylinder - V-Twin, Shaft Driven, water cooled by electric puller-fan.
Exhaust: Stainless Steel / Tuned – Pro Circuit T-4.
Gauges: Dolphin, Classic Series.
Steering Wheel: LeCarra.
Original Engineer and Builder: Bob Foshee, Knoxville TN
- Be informed also: Drag chute and nitrous system are props, not functional, and are points of constant discussion and delight at shows.
- Gauges light up but aren’t functional, show only.
- All aspects of the vehicle are excellent to fantastic regarding quality, including paint and chrome.
- The donor quad engine is a new 2008 Kawasaki with less than 500-miles on engine and drive-line.
- The bumper car is driven around town weekly, spring through autumn, mostly for the sheer joy of putting smiles on people’s faces, including the driver.
- As an option, a potential buyer would find it easier within their state to register the bumper car as an ATV by applying for a title based on the Kawasaki engine VIN as noted herein. One-of-kind is an absolute understatement, for sure!
- And YOU could proudly own it!
Add it to your collection for $25,500.00!
Please Copy & Paste the Link Below to View Our YouTube Video: on request please.
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide...
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Very nice Kawasaki 500 H1 B Mach III. European model with original only 29.168 km.
Older restoration which still shows very nicely, but the exhaust does have some scratches and small dents.
We can send more pictures if you wish. We ship world wide.
Project bike in need of full restoration. The enging turns and has full compression. This bike is in Ramona, Ca. and will require about 6 weeks for delivery. Shipping service available from California for 350 Pounds Sterling.Price is 3000 Pounds. If you have or have found your own bike, we have shipping .....
Kawasaki ZZR1400 2007, 31k miles and just run in!, New tyres, brakes and service history. 3 x keys, full givi luggage (not shown in photos, 2x side boxes, top box), heated grips, crash bungs, considerable saving over new at £5,495. Part exchanges welcome.
Kawasaki Z1-A 1974-M **FULL RESTORATION**New in from the Georgia USA,This bike has had a ground up restoration,$1000's spend,including new Doremi body set and exhaust system,please call for more details,this is a bike you could take to shows and enjoy riding,must be seen,best available, PLEASE CALL .....
Kawasaki H1 500 TRIPLE 1970-H,New in from the state of Virginia,this is a lovely example of a 1970 model year H1,i have the original Kawasaki handbook,warranty card and workshop manual present,starts,runs and rides spot on,Very original bike,HPI CLEAR,PLEASE CALL FOR MORE DETAILS,UK MAINLAND DELIVERY .....
When introduced, the Z900 was the largest and most powerful 4-cylinder, 4-stroke, Japanese motorcycle ever built and was launched to a fiercely competitive marketplace versus Honda and their mighty CB750. The 903cc of the Kawasaki won through in the end though!
Ours is a very original twin-disc .....
Fresh in from the USA, and from a private collection, this gorgeous, professionally restored in the US, and all original, August 1967 Yamaha R1. To be honest, we have never seen anything like it, it’s faultless. It’s like its just come out of the factory! Easily the best in the country, could be .....
Kawasaki F5 BIGHORN 1970-H **LOW MILES,UN-RESTORED**Excellent condition,original owners manual,very rare bike this first model year Kawasaki produced around 7000 units.
More details on these bikes on the link below.
Viewing welcome,anymore .....