This car is being sold due to ill health. I bought this car in July 2014 as a replacement for my Mod Prod Class car with the intention of competing in the Classic Marques Championship where it’s power to weight ratio will make it a real competitive and fun car. It is clearly a car that has had much love and care given to it over the years.
Previously it had been owned by the same family for 23 years and had competed in the Welsh Trident Championship for many years, including Class Winner in 1999 and 2000.
The overall condition of the car is very good, with an excellent rust-free chassis and tidy body. However, like many track cars there are a few areas of minor cracking and crazing which are very difficult to highlight in photos. If purchased as a car for showing, it would benefit from a re-spray.
When I purchased the car, the engine had been extensively modified to include :-
• 998cc Martin Chesman engine
• Enlarged valve ported head with Wills Rings
• R21 cam with competition followers & enlarged oilways
• Bronze oil pump gears
• Oversized sump
• Full set of deep alloy pulleys
• Twin 40 Webers
• Custom stainless exhaust. (If you have ever heard a Race prepared Imp, you will know that these engines sound amazing).
• Luminition ignition with Lucas high power coil
• Goodridge front and rear brake hoses
• Custom Alloy fuel tank
• Lotus Elise seats with custom mountings
• Rear roll cage, battery cut off switch.
• Rare Revolution alloy wheels
• Leada adjustable front shocks
• Spax adjustable rear shocks,
• Competition Rotoflex's.
More recent work/modifications include,
• Competition gear-box with straight cut lowered 3rd and 4th gears (in excellent condition) fitted by a mechanic who prepares and maintains competition cars.
• Davies Craig EWP80 electric water pump with Digital Controller (RRP £290)
• OMP Superquaddro steering wheel (RRP £140) and custom turned aluminium extension boss
• Full set of TOYO Proxes CF-1 (RRP £75 each) fitted but covered less than 1 mile!
• Oil breather catch can
• New Front brake calipers.
A wide range of spares come with the car including
Standard ratio Imp gearbox in excellent condition
Complete set of braided stainless oil pipes.
Goodridge hose for clutch slave cylinder.
New radiator. 14 inch Revolution wheels and tyres x 3. Original seats, carpets and steering wheel. Plus many other useful new and used spare parts including another Imp gearbox suitable for spares.
Extensive paper-trail, many previous MOT certificates. Variety of rare workshop manuals
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ.
The car has been carefully stored in a large, light garage for last 4 years. The faults described in the original text have now been repaired, i.e. 1) New battery and custom-made holder fitted. Car now starts on the button. 2) The seals on the brake master cylinder have been replaced and the brake and clutch hydraulics have been bled.
There are still a few minor electrical jobs to do (horn, windscreen washer).
These “faults” are reflected in the price. This car, once checked over and made ready for the road and/or track is worth atleast £10,000 and appreciating rapidly. The asking price of £8,500 takes into account the remedial issues listed as it gives the new owner £1500 to get them fixed and the car checked over professionally.
PLEASE DO NOT NEGOTIATE THE PRICE ON THE FAULTS THEY ARE REFLECTED IN THE PRICE.
I have many more photos and will send a picture of any particular aspect of the vehicle you require if you let me have your email address.
Payment via cleared bank transfer or cash. Vehicle advertised elsewhere and so may be removed at any time. I am situated near Langport in Somerset, 15mins from J23 of M5. Car to be collected within 7 days of sale. The car will need to be transported by trailer.
Ginetta G4 number 4/0261 (Trevor Pyman, verified) Orinally from June 1967, registered LVA 517E new to a owner in Scotland. Full owner records and history file in hand, a total of 7 owners before I......
For sale: Ginetta G20 GT4. Build for the Ginetta Challenge but was never raced. Only used for demos and occasional track days. Free of scratches, dents and rust. A car in mint condition without any.....