1966 VW Split Screen Camper Van. Right Hand Drive. Restored. For Sale
This charming 1966 bus is highly desirable having been imported from South Africa in recent years, which boasts three main benefits. Firstly, the bus is Right Hand Drive, being the most desirable spec for the UK market. Secondly, the bus has been subject to a dry climate for the vast majority of its life meaning that the impact of rust is significantly less than a UK supplied equivalent. This is an enormous bonus as it has meant that upon entering the UK, the bus did not require endless amounts of metalwork during restoration unlike so many others. The third main advantage is that the spare wheel carrier is not on the bulkhead, which allows for a far larger and uncompromised interior layout in the rear without the interference that this panel and challenges that this panel usually causes.
The bus has been stripped down and repainted in the year correct Volkswagen Colour ‘Turkis Green’ on the bottom half and contrasting off white on the top half with the paint being prepared to a glass like finish all round. The bodywork and paint is in showroom condition and looks superb from every angle.
Mechanically, the bus has a reconditioned 1500SP Engine running on an original Solex Carburettor and Vacuum Advance Distributor that runs exactly as an air-cooled Volkswagen engine should do without any poor quality after market components that interfere with performance. The engine is very smooth and pulls well throughout the gears.
The bus has one of the finest and most comprehensive bespoke camping interiors we have seen featuring absolutely everything you could ask for in one of these buses. The added space on the bulkhead as mentioned earlier really allows for all of the mod cons that ultimately make any camping experience more enjoyable. Interior specification comprises of the following;
• ¾ width Rock n roll bed resplendent with fresh upholstery in fluted green vinyl with cream piping.
• Front seats are also freshly upholstered to match.
• Custom long side cabinet with plenty of draws, cupboards and storage space including high top section to rear
• Brand New Edelweiss hardwearing Lino flooring and edging trim.
• Waeco fridge (Best fridge available)
• SMEV double gas burner / sink combo unit (This is the longer model for added convenience).
• 12V Leisure Battery.
• Split Charge Relay System to allow both batteries to charge when driving.
• Rear overhead storage compartment
• Removable and detachable Table that stows away neatly in rear overhead compartment.
• 240V Mains Hookup, Consumer Unit and 13A sockets on board.
• Internal lighting system.
• Flip down rear facing buddy seat.
Overall an absolutely stunning bus that ticks all the boxes and is ready to go with the turn of a key to its lucky new owner. Comes with 12 months MOT even though it is now MOT exempt for peace of mind and further reassurance.
This has to be one of the most stunning examples of a T1 VW Transporter in the UK today, starting its life of in Germany and soon being taken off the United states and then brought to the UK in 2001,.....
If you are looking for a rare and exclusive model, this is the one. VW and a supplier made some very few units of this model in Brazil to work as dental amd medical clinic for some cities. Very very.....
Questo Westfalia T2 A è senza dubbio unico per le sue caratteristiche relative a originalità, restauro, ma soprattutto per il meticoloso e completissimo allestimento tecnologico che lo rende fruibile.....