• Three-speed automatic transmission with column shifter (code A43D)
• White exterior (code 033) with gray trim stripes and blue cloth-and-vinyl interior (code GX8)
• Cargo bay with bedliner
• 103-inch wheelbase
- Remember when pickup trucks were simple creatures?
- Hauling and towing were the primary tasks, getting you and your stuff from Point A to Point B. our Classic Cars presents this 1988 Toyota Hilux DLX Standard Cab Pickup Truck.
- Made in September 1987 in Toyota’s Tahara assembly plant in Tokyo, Japan, this truck left the factory with the following options – all-weather guard package, two-piece carpeted floor mats, power steering and a value package.
- Finished in white (code 033) with a gray trim package, this truck’s paint and chrome trim are in overall very good order.
- The truck’s body is solid 30+ later, the engine bay is very tidy, the cargo bed has a black liner and looks good, the battery appears in good shape while the chrome bumpers, standard in front and corrugated step in back, look great.
- There’s an aftermarket hood deflector at the leading edge of the hood and a pair of rear mudflaps.
- This Toyota rides on Hankook Optimo H724 radials, size 195/75R14 at all four corners, mounted on factory black alloy wheels.
- The wheels appear in good, original condition while the tires are in very good order.
- Under the hood is Toyota’s 2.4L SOHC four-cylinder engine (code 22R-E) with electronic fuel injection.
- These engines are extremely well known for their durability, decent fuel efficiency and good low to mid-range torque.
- The inline four is hooked to a three-speed automatic transmission (code A43D) with a column-mounted shift lever. Driver convenience features include power steering.
- Inside, the truck’s blue cloth-and-vinyl bench seat (code GX8), is in great shape, as is the matching blue carpet. The headliner is in good, original order.
- The two-spoke blue steering wheel looks great while the dashboard and inner door liners are in similar shape.
- A Clarion AM/FM stereo with cassette deck rounds out this Toyota’s interior.
- In late 1986 for the 1987 model year, the truck went through a minor interior and exterior redesign, that included a new grille, a new one-piece front bumper, an updated interior with full high door panels with faux leather stitching on the base and DLX models, the gauge cluster surround was more rounded and featured faux leather stitching on it, the dash pad featured a shorter tray than earlier models, the steering wheels were changed from black to gray, red, brown or blue depending on the interior color, the radio bezel was also color matched to the rest of the interior, the outside door mirrors were also changed to have a more streamlined appearance and the faceplate for the heater controls was also redesigned.
Competition to this Toyota Hilux in 1988 included Chevrolet’s S-10, Dodge’s Ram 50, Ford’s Ranger, GMC’s S-15, Mazda’s B2200, Mitsubishi’s Mighty Max and Nissan’s Pickup.
If you seek a classic small truck, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better candidate than this Toyota Hilux. Swing on by our Classic Cars today to see this Toyota in person.
This truck is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri. Current mileage on the odometer shows 65,309 miles. It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt title. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!?
- Trades welcome. Financing available. Worldwide shipping accommodated.
We are happy to assist with shipping, nationally and internationally.
Can be exported at your cost or about $1,500 dollars to the UK port in 4 weeks...
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...