At Milestone Classics we like our MGB’s and when offered this remarkable car in part-exchange we simply could not resist…….
History - In the early 1970’s Roy Simmons was a motor racing professional running a 1967 MGB GT. He liked the car but the combination of corrosion and losing out to Escort MK1’s at traffic lights forced a regretful sale. Fast forward 25 years and Roy is running his own business (Roy Simmons Engineering) and looking for a new challenge. The answer was to build a MGBGT upgraded to deliver a modern driving experience in a classic package.
The plan was simple – buy a decent MGB GT (not easy), invest lots of man hours and modify her into an engaging every day car that would be fun to use for the occasional track day…….
Summary of Work
· Body restoration: Completed & resprayed in Vauxhall ‘Blue Ceramic’
· Suspension & Brakes: Adjustable ride height with Bilstien shocks and modified front cross member, cross drilled discs, Aeroquipe hoses replica Minilites
· Engine: Rover fuel-injected 1800 K-Series
· Gearbox: Ford 5-speed with close ratio intervals
· Ancillaries: Minor adjustment to sump pan, oil filter pick-up and exhaust manifold with S/S exhaust
· Power steering: Fitted by the last owner
The final result in an MGB GT unlike any MGB GT that we have ever sold. When you open the bonnet everything looks ‘right’ and the running gear/chassis are well matched & beautifully balanced. The traditional low down torque that you expect is replaced by an engine that revs freely - an utterly different soundtrack – and the upgraded brakes & suspension give the driver confidence to exploit this remarkable car to the full
Available at a fraction of the build cost this MGB GT may not be for the purest. But….if you are looking for a GT that is engaging to drive and utterly capable on modern roads we recommend an early viewing/test drive.....
We are always looking for nice clean MG stock, Midgets, BGTs, Roadsters, MG 1100s, Magnettes, MGA's etc
Instant decisions with prompt payment and same day payment either by bank transfer or cash.
Full restoration required for this early and quite rare MK1 GT. Castle sections and sills are good, comes with original aluminium bonnet and interior, non overdrive gearbox.
Will be a valuable asset.....