1999 BMW 840Ci Sport - One of the last made For Sale
BMW 840Ci Sport (E31). 4.4 Litre V8. Birthday 8th March 1999.
One of the very last few built in the desirable Titanium Silver with black nappa leather trim. The is not concourse; however, it is in excellent condition and some minor attention to the paintwork would make it immaculate. I have spent much more on it than I will ever get back so you won’t need to. It is mechanically excellent. Everything works and there are no leaks. Apart from one or two tiny blemishes, it is rust free. The interior is excellent - a very nice place to be. The leather has not sagged, ripped or gone shiny like you often see.
Wheels are original BMW staggered “M-Par” 18” as fitted to the CSI. They are not 5-series wheels with adaptors!!
Here is some of the work that has been done:
* Bilstein B12 damper and sports springs suspension kit
* New batteries (in the last few weeks)
* New starter motor (in the last few weeks)
* New radiator
* New A/C compressor and condenser (not filled/tested)
* Troublesome headlamp adjusters upgraded to Engl aftermarket type
* Becker Indianapolis CD/Navigation head unit (original cassette head unit included)
* Rocker cover gaskets replaced
* Brembo callipers rebuild with stainless pistons.
* New Brembo disks and pads. Braided hoses all round
* All vacuum pipes and bungs replaced
* Electric pusher fan replaced
* Cat-back stainless exhaust gives nice V8 rumble
I have always serviced the car myself. It has quality/correct oil and all filters, coolant and brake fluid have been changed recently.
Things that could be improved:
* The paintwork is mostly fine but there are some blisters here and there and some flat spots (particularly on the bonnet). I don’t think it needs a respray but some work would make it much nicer.
* The rear arches have been filled and painted (before I bought it). They've not rusted again but it could be a better job.
* The laser cut wheels have some spots where the lacquer has lifted and some marks that won’t shift
* The Bilstein suspension kit is great on smooth roads but a little severe on potholes!
* The 1990s phone is disconnected but it will work and I have all the bits if you want to recommission it.
I have owned the car for several years but really don’t use it as much as I intended. I’d like to start a new project with an older car, hence this being for sale. I am not in a rush or desperate to sell. It will return to a T plate when sold.
NOTE: The remaining MOT is currently quite short but it will come with a new MOT. I have decided that the Bilstein shocks spoil the character and I'll be swapping them for (brand new) standard in the next day or two.
I have tried to price the car sensibly to sell. Would consider PX/Swap for something interesting and most probably older. Projects are fine. Porsche, SL, TR6 - try me :)
Very happy to chat about the car or provide additional photographs.
840 ci sport 4.4 colour silver m sport package,heated seats,cruise,sport suspension m aerodynamics package,passenger air bag,refurbished wheels,servised at 5000, 18568, 26658, 37124, 47049, 58367,.....
BMW 850 Csi well taken care, ordinary servicing made, buffalo leather interiors well conserved, accidents free, highly performing and destined to the brand's collectors (of certain.....
1992 BMW 850I Calypso Red Tan Leather Auto Electric Roof Seats Steering column.Original Telephone 6 Keys 114.000 Miles my car for 9 years Wheel's recently refurbished 3 owners much admired car sadly.....
1992 BMW 850i Calypso Red, Tan Leather, Auto Electric Roof. Seats, Steering column, 6 keys original telephone refurbished alloys lovely car my own vehicle for over 9 years I am the 3rd owner sadly.....