1991 Peugeot 205 GTi - modified Porsche beater For Sale
Offered for sale is this stunning Peugeot 205 GTI reg number H876NEL with the following subtle (really) modifications, which make this car one of the fastest little Pugs in existence.
So a brief overview as described by its current owner;
The previous owner commissioned a 205 GTI specialist to undertake a full mechanical upgrade to the car at a cost of £8.8k in 2015. The car was already in excellent cosmetic condition with no rust on the bodywork or underneath. The owner desire was to build a standard looking 205 1.9 GTI but with the benefit of turbo power (as per the original Turbo Technics 205 GTI). The mechanical restoration in 2015 comprised fitment of:
• fully refurbished 1.9 GTI rear axle
• 15” 1.9 GTI wheels and new tyres – professionally painted in dual tone grey
• 1.9 GTI disc brake conversion on rear axle
• 306 GTI front brake discs, hubs and callipers
• Fully rebuilt engine with a stronger iron block to take more power. The rebuild included uprated 275 duration Piper cam to aid breathing, 86.5mm forged Wossner low compression pistons 8.1:1 ratio – the block was bored out from 86mm to 86.5mm, ported and polished head, new seals and high quality bearings. With the larger pistons and iron block the engine capacity was increased to 2ltr. The engine produced circa 210 bhp in mild tune.
• Uprated GTI6 baffled sump
• Turbo exhaust manifold
• Newly rebuilt Garrett T25/T3 Hybrid turbo
• Rebuild of MI16 BE3 gearbox and fitment of a new Quaife Limited Slip Differential to put the power down.
• Subframe and drive shafts cleaned and refurbished
• Bespoke exhaust
• Koni red dampers and standard springs
• Intercooler and pipework for turbo application
Further work in late 2017 was commissioned of following additional work at a total cost of £9.3k in order to develop one of the most powerful standard looking 205 GTI in the UK. It is monster of a car that will frighten a Golf R or Audi S3 driver as it pushes out 260+ BHP, 270+lbs torque and weighs 900kg. It’s docile if you want it to be and feral when you are making progress.
• The latest technology Garrett GTX2860r Generation 2 Turbo – very fast spool and monster power capability (475bhp). The engine is only running 1.2bar but could take significantly more.
• Engine rebuild to take extra torque. Rebuild comprised the fitment of Steel PEC conrods, Cosmetic headgasket, new quality bearing shells - £1k
• DP Engineering exhaust manifold and down tube – very expensive at £1.3k – this is a piece of art and massively improves airflow post combustion which in turn means more power can be generated at lower heat (more dense air). DP produce exhausts for 205 owners around the world and are the go to guys. The manifold places the turbo at the back between the engine and he passenger compartment, therefore the weight is behind the front axle improving the weight distribution of the car.
• DP Engineering VEMS ECU £1k, modification of engine loom
• JBM handmade 3" exhaust system from DP engineering downpipe backwards
• New Bosch Green injectors – 465lbs
• Larger quality intercooler
• Bespoke intercooler cradle
• Bespoke intake and intercooler pipework welded in aluminium piping for strength
• Silicone cooling pipes
• Compbrake pedal box and uprated brake master cylinders including pipework and fitment – offers balance adjustment and increased stopping power and modulation.
• EBC Yellow stuff pads
• Uprated fuel pump, high flow fuel filter
• Polished and ported intake manifold, matched to larger throttle body
• Uprated clutch
• Uprated engine subframe with extra welding for additional strength
• Engine mapping sessions with Damien at Daytuner in Harrogate.
• Thermal Zero Turbo blank from America – very expensive but reduces spool time, increases efficiency of the turbo and cools the engine bay
• Subtle modifications to the front bumpers to aid airflow to the intercooler.
• Michelin PS3 were fitted in late 2018.
• Underneath car inc wheel arches fully sealed
The car is a rare steel grey 205 GTI which has just been subject to a full glass out respray,with green carpets and full leather interior. Goodwood two tone standard 15" 205 GTI wheel.
This is the ultimate fast 205. It was built with desire to keep the original balance of the 205 GTI. The 15kg battery was moved to the boot to balance the extra weight of the engine and this has created a beautiful handling car. It is light on its feet and the extra grip of modern tyres makes sure that it can handle more speed but the car retains some of the edginess of the original 205 GTI.
The 8V is also 15kgs lighter than the 16V conversion. This car has had £18k spent on it in the last 3 years and is one off.
A stunning little pocket rocket and not for the faint hearted. No test drives unless a serious intention to buy.
This is one of the lowest miles and fewest owners out there.
This car has 1 former keeper who owned this for 1 year and then the car was sold to a lady owner who has had it for the rest of its time.....
Red with grey and red cloth 39000 miles. This is my own car. I was first attracted to these cars when I first started trading back in the late eighties, I drove one from Oxford to Marshalls Garage.....
This Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9 has a great specification. A ground up restoration was carried out in 2014 to create this unique track day/road going car and it has covered less than 1000 miles since then.