1978 Porsche 924 LHD Red, very low mileage For Sale
Porsche 924, 1978 model.
Headlines of this car are:
- Left hand drive, German car
- 36000 km (23000 miles)
- Immaculate interior
- Exterior paintwork ok - original patina, there's a few areas of surface rust etc. Note, been stored in a garage for last 30 years so no rust underneath.
- Totally original
- Comes with owners manual (in German) & german registration document
- Starts / drives
- 5 speed dog leg gearbox, as fitted to the 951 (Turbo) model
Bit of background, I bought this car several years ago from a chap in Poole. The car had been sitting in a garage for over 30 years, in fact there was a sticker in the window saying next MOT September 1986! He had done some light commissioning work to get it running but sold it to me after the car refused to keep starting. Required the petrol tank cleaning due to dirty dried up fuel plus new fuel lines and fuel distributor.
I planned to finally get the last few remaining jobs completed this summer but its down the pecking order due to other projects, so putting it up for sale. Jobs that need finishing to make it roadworthy are as follows:
- Exhaust blowing, either needs repair or new exhaust (e.g. Dansk system)
- Brakes need bleeding as they are a bit soft
- MOT, I know its MOT exempt but you get a UK V5 the current EU rules say needs an MOT to get one, and therefore a registration plate.
Not your usual 924 project rubbish and is priced accordingly. I would consider close offers and if you are interested please get in touch to arrange a viewing.
Fast road come track. car fully rebuilt including stripped engine with new gaskets,rings,bearings,head gasket,oil cooler,induction kit,stainless exhaust etc,all body mouldings ie bumpers,lights etc.....