1992 92 Lexus SC300 = Fast Custom Chevy 408 Restomod $10.9k For Sale
Located in the USA...
1992 Lexus SC300 Fast Custom Chevy 408 V-8 Restomod = Rare 1 off a Kind build...
1992 Lexus SC300 Restomod
• Street legal “sleeper” built professionally built by a Lexus tech for drag racing.
• Chevy 408cid small block V8 engine with AFR 195cc SBC Eliminator Street Heads.'
• Balanced Scat rotating assembly, .7 rods, hypereutectic pistons.
• Holley 750 carburetor, Edelbrock air gap intake
• TCI Turbo 350 three-speed automatic transmission, TCI 3600 and B&M trick shift shifter
• Torque converter, Ford 8.8 rear end with 4.10 posi traction
• 4 link rear suspension and QA1 rear adjustable shocks with 150 pound springs
• Nitto NT 555R drag radials 275/60R15
• Garnet Pearl exterior and black interior
• Recaro seats, Autometer gauges, EZ wire harness for street with all lights
• Power rack-and-pinion steering, power four-wheel disc brakes, power windows, power locks, power sideview mirrors and power seats with driver’s memory feature and a sunroof
• Fuel cell and battery located in rear
• First year for the SC300 model in 1992
- If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to have a true street “sleeper” with a powerful GM 408 V-8 engine but with the seductive lines of a Lexus SC300 wrapped around it, wonder no more.
- Classic Cars is pleased to present "Dis-Lexus!" A 1992 Lexus SC300 Restomod.
- This sleeper Lexus has been personally owned and built from a good local friend of ours.
- He has been a professional Lexus Technician since the brand started in the US and this has been his “Lexus” with a dirty little secret under the hood!
- Made in April 1992 at Toyota’s Motomachi assembly plant in Aichi, Japan, this grand tourer was converted at some point into the Restomod you see here. It was originally delivered on June 15, 1992.
- Finished in Garnet Pearl, (code 3K3) the paint and trim are in good, original order with some delamination of the clearcoat present, especially on the nose and sideview mirrors.
-The car’s bodywork is otherwise solid and straight.
- The engine bay is extremely tidy and the cargo area is in good, original order. The car’s body-colored bumpers are in good, original shape, mirroring the rest of the paint condition.
- In front, there are BFGoodrich Touring T/A radials, size 205/70R15 in front and Nitto Drage NT radials 275/60R15 in back. Each tire is wrapped around original, factory lace alloy wheels. Suspension contains 4 link rear suspension and QA1 rear adjustable shocks with 150 pound springs.
- Under that counterbalanced hood is not the Lexus motor but a Chevy 408cid small block V8 engine with AFR 195cc SBC Eliminator Street Heads fed by custom dual air intakes with lots of chrome parts – alternator, cam and crankshafts, and the motor breathes through dual exhausts.
- Balanced Scat rotating assembly, .7 rods, hypereutectic pistons, Holley 750 carburetor, Edelbrock air gap intake. Backing the motor is a TCI Turbo 350 three-speed automatic transmission, TCI 3600 and B&M trick shift shifter.
- Connecting the power to the rear wheels is a torque converter, Ford 8.8 rear end with 4.10 posi traction.
- Driver convenience features include power rack-and-pinion steering, power four-wheel disc brakes, power windows, power locks, power sideview mirrors and power seats with driver’s memory feature and a sunroof.
- Inside, the car’s black leather interior has been modified.
- There are black Recaro buckets in place of the factory front seats.
- The Recaros are in great shape. The newer, gray carpeting is also in very good order, as is the matching headliner.
- A Grant GT three-spoke steering wheel with a flat rim on the “bottom” faces the driver instead of the stock steering wheel.
There is an Autogage tachometer near the steering column.
- The original inner door panels and instrument panel are in good, original order and the factory power windows still work. On the transmission tunnel rests a B&M shifter.
- The back seat, carpet and floorpan have been removed and a fuel cell and battery are located in the rear of the vehicle.
- In July 1992, the SC300, a smaller-engine version of the SC400, premiered in the United States. The first-generation SC lasted in production until 7 July 2000, over nine years, quite long compared to the other cars of the 1990s. Even with the SC's long production cycle, only minor exterior changes were made.
This Japanese Sleeper answers a question few people may have ever asked but it is a curious critter and one that should not be overlooked. Stop by MotoeXotica Classic Cars and view this unlikely Japanese-American hybrid today.
This car is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri. Current mileage on the odometer shows 17 miles. It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt Missouri title. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....mtx
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts