For sale, my much loved 1967 1500 vw beetle named betty. I have owned her for over 3 years now and she has been used sparingly (nice weather only) in that time. Always stored in the garage and has wanted for nothing under my care. She is a very nice, solid and unmolested example which drives great and is eminently reliable. While not a concours car, she presents extremely well, is highly original and very usable - will take you and family anywhere want to go.
too many details to list but highlights include:
* tax and mot exempt but i have always had mot done each year. Current mot runs till 07/06/20. no advisories.
* while under my care. She has has been looked after / serviced every year by classic automotive of dronfield initially and then last 2 years by autohaus dolby of sheffield, last service done 07/06/19.
* front seat belts and rear lap belts so can use booster seats in rear for young children (as i have done).
* as 1967 vehicle has desirable ball joint suspension with disc brakes front / drums rear.
* 5 new tyres (quality continental ones) which look reasonably period / suit vehicle.
* stainless steel brake lines.
* rebuilt original h code engine (1600cc pistons fitted only change) to run on unleaded fuel. This was done by tes engines in june 2015.
* vintage speed abarth style stainless steel exhaust and matched stainless j tubes (also vintage speed) fitted. High quality system, not overly loud and period style accessory. All original exhaust, heat exchangers, tin ware etc. I have saved so can be put back to stock if desired.
*huge history box file going back to when car was new! - original service booklets and factory birth certificate etc - interesting history and reading.
* very original car, still has factory final inspection chalk marks on body and chassis section. All original floor pan and heater channels - body has never been off the chassis. Has had 4 new wings in its life, these are days moldings high quality fiber glass ones.
* no rust.
* all 1967 key one year only parts present and correct, even down to the wiper arms and hub caps.
* much expenditure by myself in time of ownership to keep in top condition / improve on details / period accessories - only top quality or nos parts used, as can be evidenced by all receipts kept.
all in all a lovely, honest car which needs nothing but to be used and enjoyed. Please come and see for yourself,you will not be disappointed. Agreed insurance valuation of £12k, but offers invited.
Good, honest oval Beetle with brand new interior. Fitted with later engine but original engine is beeing rebuilt and it's included in sale price. Body is rust free and paint is patinated. Side repeaters.....