Regrettably selling my Mk II Ford Capri due to loss of garage space for the winter.
MOT until February 2020 (though MOT exempt). Respray in 2016 in the original Ford flame orange. The paint has held up reasonably well, though there is some rust on the front headlight. (see pictures).
The 2 litre Pinto engine has recently had the cylinder head re-skimmed and runs well at any speed. The 5 speed gearbox makes a big difference for motorway driving.
New starter motor fitted professionally last month.
Spark plugs, HT leads, leaf-springs, cam belt and fan belt in the last year or two.
Various MOTs and receipts back to 1980.
Other things worth noting:
- 5-speed gearbox fitted in 1993
- Tax and MOT exempt (though MOT to Feb 2020)
- Modern bluetooth sound system and working auto-retracting antenna.
- 32/36 DGAV weber carburettor
- Letter from Ford confirming original date as 1974
- As can be seen from the photos the front drivers seat needs attention - other three seats have no rips and are in good condition. - Couple of other cosmetic issues as seen from pics.
Very fun to drive, especially in these summer months. Any professional inspections are of course welcome. Will be sad to see it go!
PS. I'll not be accepting any offers before viewing. Thanks.
This stunning Capri was first registered on 15th September 1981 and has been owned by the vendor since 28th January 1991. Throughout his ownership the Capri has been restored and upgraded to the magnificent.....
I OWNER FROM NEW WITH 57000 MILES RECORDED,CONCOURSE THROUGHT OUT WITHOUT ANY DOUBT,THIS CAR HAS BEEN IN OUR PERSONAL COLLECTION FOR OVER 11 YEARS, WE FULLY RESTORED THIS CAR BACK THEN WITH A FULL.....