The photographic picture set was taken by the current owner & includes a pair of suitably attired Flappers. (Google it if you need to.) The car will be arriving with us in August.
This Talbot 4CT 1912 is the only fully preserved example in the world; there are only two Talbot 4CT 1912 registered cars today. The Talbot 4CT is a rare and in original condition. The car is also fully functional. Extra equipment was fitted to the car; electric lighting, not in use at that time, when Louis Bleriot designed the patented head lights, He developed the first practical headlamp for cars and established a profitable business manufacturing them.
The car is finished in Cream with good paintwork dating back to its restoration in France some years ago. To the interior is red leather hide all in fine condition. This Talbot 4CT has a full complement of instrumentation, period brass lamps & all the usual other tiems that define brass cars of this era such as a C.A.V. Ammeter & switch box in addition to a parp parp bulb type horn.
This luxury two-seater with folding windshield is a fast & capable car, and of course the distinct sound of a 2.4-liter Talbot engine will even today let you travel the highways of today, easily cruising 90kmh. The car sits on four cast artillery wheels with twin spares mounted to the running boards. Full ownership history since 1931 comes with the car detailing its various oners in the UK prior to the car residing for a decade in a Jersey Museum.
Clément-Talbot was an Anglo-French motor vehicle manufacturer based in Ladbroke Grove, London that traded from 1902 for approximately one year, whence the cars became known as Talbots. After the division of Clément-Gladiator in 1903 Charles Chetwynd-Talbot, 20th Earl of Shrewsbury headed the English arm "Clément-Talbot Ltd". Adolphe Clément-Bayard was a major shareholder in the company, along with Talbot, A. Lucas, and E. Lamberjack. After the split both marques (Clément- Bayard and Clément-Talbot) built very similar cars, but by 1907 the specifications diverged. Talbot was the first car to cover 100 mph (160 km/h), in 1913.
This is a very original & historically important car. It is in rude health, running well & able to undertake serious tours at modernish traffic speeds. The coachwork by Lewis is light & sporty with an easily erected hood should the day turn inclement. It was supplied new by Caffyns of Bournemouth in June of 1912. A buff log book comes with the car as do some Jersey postage stamps bearing an image of the car. The car is currently residing in eastern Slovakia but is quite likely to make an appearance on our stand at Essen & thence into our showrooms.
A gallery of large high-resolution pictures may be viewed on our website.
Office the details below
Richard Biddulph the details below
Christoff Cowens 07772188037
We accept Credit/Debit Cards.
Part Exchange welcome.
Weekend & evening viewings OK.
Viewings by appointment :
sports car for 3 in very good condition, fiberglass on galvanized frame, leather seats, central lock - with remote control. New sump gasket (in aloy.), New exhaust, wiper motor, heater motor, ignition.....
For sale TWO Talbot Lotus,one prepared for Gr1 (RHD,UK plates)rally ,other (LHD)for Gr.4.The G1,RHD,it has a "normal" engine with 160 CV,ZF gearbox webber etc...The Gr IV,in LHD ,it is prepared for.....
61,000 miles, Full service history, 5 speed Dogleg Box, LSD, Uprated suspension, CD player, leather seats,super Oscars, half cage, minolites, original wheels included, just had full engine rebuild.....