1964 Lambretta Li 150 Silver Special Concours For Sale
For sale is this wonderfully restored example of an Italian 1964 Lambretta Li 150 Silver Special, offered in Grigio Chiaro Silver over Bianco Nuovo White.
Imported from Italy in 2017, the scooter began a two-year nut and bolt restoration to bring her up to the concours standard she can be seen in today.
As with any ‘true’ restoration, all the salvageable parts were refurbished and where replacement parts were required, new old stock items were sourced (often from Italy where some of the last surviving stock can be found). Where original parts were unavailable, the highest quality authentic Italian parts were utilised.
The below points show some of the work undertaken and highlight the attention to detail applied to the revival of this beautiful classic.
• The bodywork was stripped to bare metal, beaten, repaired, etch primed, painted and polished to a mirror finish in its original colour combination; Grigio Chiaro Silver over Bianco Nuovo White.
• The engine was treated just as sympathetically; after being completely stripped, the casings were vapour blasted, mechanical parts cleaned/replaced and the entire unit reassembled.
• All chromed parts; the fork links, chrome ring, headlamp rim, kickstart lever & foot brake were acid-dipped and re-chromed.
• All polished parts; the fuel tap lever, choke lever, badge holder, floor runner kit, panel handles, gear selector, light switch housing and brake/clutch levers were all re-polished.
• Most of the fixings that could be saved were acid-dipped and zinc plated – all as they were originally.
• The headlamp reflector was stripped and silver plated, again, as per the original specification.
• The original Giuliari seat was restored; the frame and springs were disassembled, stripped, painted, reassembled and finished with black vinyl with the extremely rare heart-shaped endcaps, the likes of which I have never seen retained on another machine.
• All rubbers were renewed with authentic pattern rubbers as well as the renewal of the cables with the best quality nylon-lined replacements.
• The original speedometer was restored so unlike most restorations, the bike shows its true mileage of 32,038km.
• Fitted with new factory spec S83 tyres.
• The rare original rear shock absorber was stripped, powder coated, reassembled and re-fitted.
• The only departure from the factory specification is the 12v electrical system which replaces the unreliable 6v system fitted at the factory.
This machine has dating certificates of originality from both the Vintage Motor Scooter Club and the Lambretta Club of Great Britain. Although little is known of its Italian history, the scooter came with its original tax disc which is dated January, 1982; the scooter has been laid up in storage ever since. The bike has now been registered in the UK and treated to a handmade die-pressed aluminium age-related plate. The scooter is kept inside and has not been on the road since the restoration so will require running in if the new owner so wishes to ride her. Since April, 2018 this machine was MOT and road tax exempt.
The attention to detail shown in this restoration is second to none.
Hundreds of photographs were taken before, during and after the restoration process so if you would like to see these or to arrange a viewing please contact Joseph Clark
Recently imported from Italy.
The 50cc Lambretta was made for the Italian market and is a very rare sight in the UK. We are advised it was originally aimed at the ladies Market because of its lighter.....
I have for sale a totally conserved Stellina 125.
The engine runs greatly.
I have plate number and original declaration to authorities of stop of circulation.
I can ship worldwide at buyer's expenses.