This is a great vintage tourer car. It is a very spacious car for all passengers. Affectionately known as ‘Neddy’ there is a wealth of history concerning this particular car. It was dispatched from the factory on the 16th January 1925 and supplied to dealers Wooldridge & Sons of Crewe. We have a detailed history of owners and service information. The car has been with its current owners for 10 years.
The car is exceptionally original and an absolute delight, still running on the correct beaded edge wheels with 820x120 tyres. The 12/25 featured a four-cylinder monoblock 1795cc engine with a four speed gearbox in unit construction. It has transmission and rear wheel brakes. The gate-change gear lever and handbrake are situated on the right of the driver and the car has a central accelerator pedal.
It is finished in cherry red with black wings and the interior is in original ‘deep buttoned’ brown leather which is distressed in places and partially re-upholstered. It has a Vee-windscreen, rear luggage rack and large bulb horn, with the spare wheel mounted on the near-side running board. The car also benefits from Auster rear screen, which makes travelling in the rear with the hood down much more pleasurable! It is believed to be the original specification in all respects. It has been known to the Humber Register since 1972 and is well catered for by this enthusiastic club. In 2009 the car had a bare metal respray and a total engine rebuild together with a complete mechanical overhaul. It has done approximately 1,000miles since then. The car is in very good running order, reliable and provides an enjoyable ride.
1930 Humber 16/50 Saloon LG 4624 was first registered on the 14th June 1930 and supplied new to a Chartered Accountant, Mr A.E Slater-Cook who practiced in Liverpool. Correspondence from Humber in.....