Fantastic car for both road and racing. FIA registered for period motorsport events. Built to specification of ‘Sebring’ Sprites as raced by Steve McQueen and Stirling Moss.
Over the last 4 years the car has competed successfully in the Healeysport Sprint and Hill Climb series. The car is excellent condition for either use on the road or in competition.
- 1098 bored plus 60th with flat top pistons
- Head to FIA spec by Peter May
- LCB and weber 45
- Scatter cam 296 with matching dizzy
- Adjustable timing gear
- Strapped balanced hardened crank
- Aluminium back plate
- 7.5" clutch
- Lightened fly wheel
- Baffled sump
- Straight cut gears
- Aluminium bonnet, boot and doors
- Original Warwick hardtop - only c 50 made
- Hardened drive shafts
- 4.5" wires wheels plus set of alloy mag wheels and Kumho race tyres
- original Lester steering wheel
- up-rated front springs and dampers
- Peter May panhard rod
- Peter May engine steady
- Oil cooler
This beautiful ‘Frogeye” MK1 Sprite has been extensively restored. I have a file of photos and invoice that illustrate the extent of the work. Finished in Speedwell Blue with blue interior. Original.....
ORIGINAL 1966 AUSTIN HEALEY SPRITE MK3.
CAR IS FOR EASY RESTORATION, FOR SURE 100% SOLID CONDITION, WE CAN NOT FIND ANY ROT OR RUST, FIRST PAINT UNDER PRIMER, ORIGINAL BRITISH RACING GREEN, ORIGINAL.....
Here is an original Austin Healey Sprite MK1 (Frogeye) for sale. Old English White with red interior. 948cc.
First registration : LBF 408, May 26th 1961
Imported in Switzerland on October 25th 1997.....
Healey Frogeye in Ecurie Ecosse Blue with matching hard top.
Isle of Wight built with fully galvanised chassis and expertly made all GRP body so no rust worries.
Donor car was a 1964 MG Midget hence.....