1967 Mercedes 300 SE Coupe Rare 2.4k made 41k miles $79k For Sale
Located in the USA...dry desert west...no salt on roads...
1967 Mercedes Benz 300 SE Coupe =
Condition: Clear Title
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Red
This 1967 Mercedes Benz 300 SE Coupe is in Black with Red.
- Mercedes-Benz designated the 300SE, an automobile produced from 1962-1967 as the W112.
- With an option as a coupe, convertible or sedan, these cars were comfortably powered by a 3.0 L fuel-injected M189 six-cylinder big block engine.
-= Let’s not let that take away from the standard luxury features Mercedes-Benz were so good at giving, such as power steering, automatic transmissions, air suspension and a consistently higher level of wood and leather trim that its competitors.
- Introduced in ’62, the coupe had a low production number of only 2,419 units built through the end of its run in ’67.
Our Subject Car
- This car was originally purchased from a Mr. George H. Jury of Grand Pointe Farms, Michigan.
- In a letter from the original owner to the current owner, he indicated that he had taken delivery in Sindelfingin, Germany.
- Original printed paper documents from Daimler-Benz Aktiengesellschaft reinforce this with a Statement of Origin dated March 15, 1967 another on March 23, 1967 and a final paid invoice to Mr. Jury on March 29, 1967.
- In another letter from Mr. Jury, he states that the car was delivered from the factory with US-Spec lights, but he refused the car until the service center swapped over to the European style.
- A Confirmation of Order showed Wood Imports, Inc. of Detroit, MI as the dealer who took delivery of the car via French Line House marine transporters of London.
- This car comes with the original spare with emergency rear jacks mounted inside spare, two boxes with original head lights, emergency front air bag supports, original jack and mounting hardware and two rear Coco Mats.
- Original manuals, two sets of original keys, fuse kit, service records book and manuals can be found as well.
- A factory tool kit is placed in its correct space in the trunk.
Listed USA Equipment included:
· Bucket Seats
· 200 Mile Break in Charge & First Service
· Coco Floor Mats
· Tinted Glass – All Around
· Two Front Head Rests
· Radio Becker Grand Prix
· Rear Speaker
· Two Front Shoulder Seat Belts
· Two Front Orthopedic Seats
· White Wall Tires
· Reims “8” Short Wave Adapter
· Automatic Transmission
· Power Steering
- From 1967 to 2000 the car was kept under Mr. Jury’s care before he sold it to a Mr. Buckingham of Gallon, Ohio. Multiple invoices show great care to the car and a focus on deferred maintenance. The next records indicate the car went to a Chris Mast of Hartland, VT where the car went under an extensive restoration by noted craftsmen Automotive Restorations, Inc.. From May 2017 to November of the same year, this 300 SE was delicately restored in correct specs and finish, with a noted and comprehensive mechanical and suspension overhaul.
- Today the car shows a wonderful combination of maintained restoration and thoughtful patina.
- Paint and body show very little flaws.
- Brightwork is excellent all around and looks brand new.
- Interior shows wonderful and inviting wear especially on the front seats, doors and arm rests, carpet and dash, where the wood has started to shirk and fade a bit.
- Rims and tires are like new with fresh aftermarket rubber currently fitted.
- Mechanically the car operates exactly as it should, including all headlight and side marker light operations, back-up and brake lights, speedo and tachometer, interior and glovebox lights, horn and factory air conditioning works perfectly.
- We’re not sure we have driven such a delightful W112 as this 300SE.
- From turn of key, through acceleration, braking and overall comfort, this car has ticked all of the boxes, all while retaining a high overall model value in todays market.
- We think you’ll enjoy the drive just as much as we have.
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
.................Thanks for looking...whc
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts