1992 Ferrari 348TS (Serie Speciale) Rare 1 of 100 low-km 12k For Sale
|This advert viewed 514 times|
Located in the USA...dry desert....west no salt on roads.....
1992 Ferrari 348 TS ( SERIE SPECIAL) - private seller....
1992 Ferrari 348 TS, special
1992 Ferrari 348TS (Serie Speciale) = Euro-specs....
- Only one that was sold by Carter motors back in the 90's original local Vancouver BC car.
with only 12000 km....
- Number 11 Of 100: The Thoroughbred 348 Serie Speciale.
- At the 1992 Los Angeles Auto Show, Ferrari unveiled the 348 Serie Speciale—an American market-only limited edition built with the serious driver in mind.
- Like the standard 348, the Serie Speciale was powered by the Tipo F119 3.4-liter DOHC 32-valve V8 mounted amidships.
- However, as the name implies, this low-production version received a number of special go-fast goodies for a substantial increase in performance over the regular 348.
- For starters, the engine was retuned and fitted with a free-flowing exhaust system, increasing total output to 312 horsepower.
- The power increase coupled with a shorter final drive ratio resulted in a quicker gallop to 60 miles per hour, taking just 5.3 seconds from a standstill. The added 12 horsepower alone wasn’t the real trick, however.
- It was the overall packaging that made the Serie Speciale such a stunner.
Bespoke Pirelli P Zero tires provided extra stick in tandem with F40-inspired aero in the form of new front and rear bumpers, side skirts, and a rear track widened by 50mm.
- Attractive visual alterations further separated the SS from the standard car, including revised front and rear grilles finished with chrome prancing horse emblems, unique taillights, and a new interior as well.
- Inside, F40-style Connolly leather-wrapped carbon kevlar buckets were fitted as standard, with extended leather on the door panels and dashboard.
- Each 348 Serie Speciale was designated by a sequential order of production number plate affixed to the inside of the passenger side doorpost.
- The standard 348 is a beautifully proportioned V8-powered, mid-engine Ferrari that’s stood the test of time. Its simple, angular lines are almost restrained in light of the wild sports car designs of today. The 348 is a member of the more classically-styled Ferrari design language—low, wide, and featuring crisp folds in the Pininfarina bodywork without being excessively shouty like its Raging Bull competitors of the era.
- With the 348 Serie Speciale, you get timelessly stylish Maranello visuals accented by driver-focused extras, namely the more aggressive body cladding, wider rear track, and beautifully stitched F40-style bucket seats.
- Any 348 looks the part, but the Serie Speciale sets a higher bar for those seeking more—more power, added performance, improved ergonomics, and sleeker aesthetics.
- This 1992 Ferrari 348 Serie Speciale is number 11of 100 built, and one of only 65 Targa (TS) models made.
- The car is in like-new condition inside and out. With just 12000 KM driven since new, this rare 348 Serie Speciale is all-original, low mileage, and fully documented, making it a tempting investment for the savvy collector or the pristine modern classic for driving enthusiasts...
Body – The body is comprised of all factory original fitted panels, which remain straight and free of any damage or rust.
Paint – The Rosso Corsa paint is in impeccable condition throughout, with no cracking, fading, or major imperfections to note. 348s are notorious for paint cracking near the base of the c-pillars, but this car does not suffer from this common issue.
Trim and Glass – All trim, emblems, glass, and lighting equipment are original and in exceptional condition given the car’s age.
Wheels – The five-spoke bladed wheels wear the original metallic silver finish and are complete with center caps. The wheels are uncurbed and clean.
Targa Top – The vinyl targa insert panel is free of fading or tears and provides a watertight seal.
Steering Wheel – The original three-spoke steering wheel is in very good condition with no scuffs, nicks, fading, or broken seams.
Seats, Trim, & Carpet – The low-positioned F40-style kevlar bucket seats remain wrapped in the original black leather .
Engine – The numbers-matching 312-horsepower Tipo F119 3.4-liter DOHC 32-valve V8 and dogleg five-speed manual transmission are intact and operate flawlessly.
The Drive: The engine fires with ease, idles smoothly, and, once properly brought up to driving temperatures, accelerates at great pace with equally impressive audio.
Transmission – The numbers-matching dogleg five-speed manual transmission is in place and operates without issue.
The Drive: The transmission, conducted through the iconic open gate, offers sharp shifting with a satisfying snick accompanying each gear change thanks to the H-pattern metal base plate.
Handling – Like the rest of the car, the suspension and brakes have been maintained with unwavering commitment to preserve the feel of this special Ferrari. The car is tight, sharp and precise, and does not pull to either side.
The Drive: The suspension is firm and precise with flat turn-in characteristics complemented by quick, responsive steering thanks to the short-ratio rack.
“The car performed wonderfully under varying road conditions. From the long straightaways the 348 excelled on all fronts.”
- Ahead Of The Market – The Ferrari market is among the strongest in the collector car world, with low-production rarities fetching the biggest figures from bidders.
- The 348 Serie Speciale has yet to catapult into the hyper-inflated vintage Ferrari domain, but it’s certainly on its way to that level.
- This is a special modern classic ready to be enjoyed with undeniable room for appreciation in the coming future.
cylinders: 8 cylinders
paint color: red
title status: clean
- Please show contact info , please email us only.
- Trades welcome.... Financing available.... Worldwide shipping accommodated.
- We are happy to assist with shipping, nationally and internationally.
Can be exported at your cost or about $1,500 dollars to the UK port in 4 weeks...
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...
Thanks for looking
|Get notified about new similar ads
The Ferrari 348 marked a distinct departure from the 328 and 308 that preceded it, and it truly ushered the Prancing Horse brand into the 1990s, albeit with some obvious design cues that gently nod.....
- United Arab Emirates
- See all stock
- Compare insurance quotes
This right hand drive Ferrari 348 is a beautiful example of a very fast appreciating classic with only 25,645 miles. Extremely well looked after with a full service history carried out by Ferrari.....
Stratton Motor Company are pleased to be able to offer this beautiful example of the Italian 90's supercar, the Ferrari 348 TS.
This model debuted at the 1989 Frankfurt Auto Show and was deemed.....
Finished in Rosso Corsa with Crema leather interior. Air conditioning. Remote central locking. CD Player, Electric windows. Three owners from new. 47,000 miles with Maranello service history.
.. Extremely well maintained 348TS with only 50, 000Km since new. The car comes with all documentation including manuals, service book as well as tools and both keys. The Ferrari is in original condition.....
Excellent condition, 4/1990.
Air Condition, power windows
Two owners from new
Recently fully serviced
New brake pads
- Compare insurance quotes
Very rare 348, only 218 of GTS were produced between 1993 and 1994. Car with only 33.000km and 2 owners since new.
For sale electro-pneumatic horn for Ferrari Testarossa/348/355/550/575/456/512 Tr/M , original , new . P/n 189428 . Price on request . For more information , details and pictures please contact me.....
The GTB was the last version of the 348 coupe to be built. Subtle changes were incorporated to improve the styling, suspension geometry, chassis and engine power over the previous 348 TB model. .....
1994 Ferrari 348 Spider
Giallo Fly with Nero leather
4 owners from new
Rare right hand drive
This car is in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition throughout,.....