1976 International Scout Scout II 4x4 345 CID V-8 $25.9k For Sale
Located in the USA...
1976 International Scout Scout II 4x4 345 CID V-8 = US-specs....
Dark Brown Metallic
345 CID V-8
• 345 CID International V-8 engine
• Chrysler’s A727 Torqueflite three-speed automatic transmission
• Factory 4x4 with Dana 44 rear axle and two-speed transfer case
• 31" tires and chrome wheels
• Dark Brown Metallic exterior and beige cloth interior
• Wood-paneled dashboard
• Air-conditioning, power steering and power brakes
• 100-inch wheelbase and 6200 GVWR
• Owners manual included
- A good driving vehicle and a way to stand out from the truck and SUV crowd can be found in one vehicle – an International Scout. MotoeXotica Classic Cars is pleased to offer this 1976 International Scout II.
- This was the first model year after International-Harvester elected to focus on its heavy-duty trucks, leaving the Scout and its variants as the only remnants of its light-line truck lineup. 1976 was also the year that the US Ski Team chose the Scout as its official vehicle for the Winter Olympics in Innsbruck, Austria.
Made at International’s Fort Wayne, Indiana factory in September 1975, this Scout II is finished in Dark Brown Metallic, the truck’s paint and trim are in overall excellent order, with just a few minor blemishes visible at close range. The bodywork is straight and very attractive, the truck’s engine bay is quite tidy, the battery appears new and the chrome bumpers are in great shape.
- This Scout rolls on Firestone Destination A/T light truck tires, size 31x10.50R15 at all four corners.
- Each tire is mounted on chrome, vented wheels.
- The tires are in very good condition while the wheels appear in excellent condition.
- Under the hood is International’s 345 CID V-8 engine mated to Chrysler’s A727 Torqueflite three-speed automatic transmission, factory 4x4 with a two-speed transfer case and a Dana 44 rear axle.
- Driver convenience features include air-conditioning, power steering and power brakes.
- Inside, the factory beige cloth interior is in overall great condition, including the front bucket and rear bench seats. The matching carpet is in similar shape, as is the headliner.
- The three-spoke steering wheel looks great while the wood-paneled dashboard has a full array of gauges.
- It and the inner door liners are in satisfactory order.
- Completing the interior is a factory AM/FM radio but the horn is inoperable.
For 1976, the Scout II had the same headlight trim rings as 1975, and a chrome center grille of 15 horizontal bars split into three sections was used in this year only.
Competition to this Scout in 1976 included Chevrolet’s K5 Blazer, Dodge’s Ramcharger, Ford’s Bronco, GMC’s K5 Jimmy, Jeep’s CJ-7 and Plymouth’s Trailduster.
If you’re looking for a sturdy, classic SUV with V-8 power that was a forerunner of today’s SUV craze, you should visit Classic Cars to look this Scout II over.
This car is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri. Current mileage on the odometer shows 80,912 miles. It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt title. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...bnz
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...