Model Challenger Convertible R/T
Color Plum Crazy
Engine 426 Hemi
Other Power Brakes, Shaker Hood!
- Anybody who has seen any of the televised car auctions likely knows about the crazy numbers vintage mopars are bringing. Some of these cars are incredibly rare making them one of only a few every built. Of the Challenger line by far the most sought after car is the 1970 Dodge Challenger Hemi Convertible.
- Only 9 of these cars were ever built making them extremely desirable and sought after.
- This car may not be a factory hemi car but it has been fitted with a date correct hemi motor.
- Looking closely it would be very hard to determine that this car isn't one of those 9 R/Ts.
- Coated in plum crazy this 70 Dodge Challenger convertible is the car that many mopar enthusiast dreams are made of.
- You can't get more mopar than a plum crazy challenger with hemi!
- The paint on the car has a beautiful finish and the white side stripes accent the white top perfectly.
- All of the chrome and stainless has a great shine and the car is badged as an R/T.
- Again, only an expert wouldn't fooled by this restoration as it was extremely well done.
- The blacked out grill looks perfect and with the dual double headlights you can easily see where the modern challenger got its influences from.
- The correct style hood pins are in place and just add to the overall muscle car look.
- Original style wheels sit under each corner and are all wrapped with Polyglas GT Goodyear tires.
- Pop open the shaker hood and you will be greeted with the extremely well built 426 hemi.
- Not only does the motor perform well, it has that factory fresh look you rarely see.
- It was constructed using all of the factory specifications down to the little details like original dodge hoses.
- It is then paired with an automatic transmission that shifts properly with zero issues.
- The car has power brakes and is extremely comfortable to drive.
- It has that classic mopar sound which is provided via the dual exhaust exiting through the rear.
- The interior of the car is done in white and just like the rest was restored to its factory appearance.
- Between the bucket seats are the original console which incorporates some wood grain into the interior.
-Wood grain also accents the gauge pod which houses original style gauges.
- The odometer reads 64,989 which are the factory original miles.