Located in the USA...dry desert no salt on roads...
1952 Ford Anglia = US-specs
Engine 468 V8
Transmission 2 speed powerglide
Other Brodix heads, 700+ HP, full roll cage!
1952 Ford Anglia
- The last year for the classic English Ford Anglia look was 1953 after which the design drastically changed. The look of these early Anglia's is extremely unique compared to similar vehicles of the times. They had a shorter wheel base than was the trend in America at the time but their uniqueness made them a go to car for Hotrodders all around the world in later years.
- This 52 Anglia is an all original steel car from front to rear.
- It is painted in slick Black paint which has a nice finish and is accented with Blue pinstriping on the headlights and deck lid.
- These cars didn't feature a ton of chrome/stainless like most other vehicles did of this vintage but the two hole grill and side panel openings were framed in stainless which is in good shape on this car.
- It has the louvered hood which was the perfect addition and really suits the car well.
- The car was built to have the racing look that is popular with these Anglias and all though it could easily be raced given all of the performance features it has been primarily used as a show car.
- It has spin works front wheels with wide 5 spoke wheels and Mickey Thompsons in the back completing the nostalgic dragster look.
- We mentioned that is hasn't been raced but that isn't for the lack of ability.
- Under the hood this Anglia is packing a 468 V8 motor that puts out over 700 horsepower.
- It was custom built by Houston Engine and Balancing which has been in business for over 30 years building NHRA and IHRA motors.
- It is topped with Brodix Big Brodie heads, a 750 cfm carb, roller rockers, stud girdles, air gap intake, Brodix valve covers, MSD distributor, and braided lines.
- The car runs cool with an aluminum radiator and electric fans which even manage to keep it around 210 degrees in the Texas summer.
- The engine compartment was also cleanly finished out with things like the stainless firewall cover to make it something you will be very proud to show off at shows.
- Backing up the motor is a 2 speed powerglide transmission with 3000 stall converter and transmission cooler.
- It shifts smoothly and is paired with a Ford 9 inch rear end with with Nodular spool and 3:55 gears.
- A lot of cars set up with drivetrains like this really struggle when you get out of town but this one will run down the highway.
- It has a 12 gallon fuel cell mounted in the trunk area between the tubs which is also where the Optima battery has been relocated in a custom mount.
- The suspension utilizes adjustable coil overs in the rear with leaf spring front suspension and a Ibeam straight axle.
- On the inside sits two high back racing bucket seats and a full pro built roll cage.
- The upholstery is done in Grey cloth and was also added to the roll cage for a more finished out appearance.
- To the floor is mounted a Hurst racing shifter in an aluminum box with line lock.
- The dash is painted black and topped with toggle switches for the lights, fuel pump and electric fan.
- It also features the push button start, a large Stewart Warner tachometer, shift light, and Autometer gauges.
- The car also has a cowl mounted fuel pressure gauge. Below the dash is where you will find the MSD 7AL-2 Plus Rev limiter and MSD pro power ignition.
- As you can see this car wasn't built just to be a looker.
- It was constructed to both look great and perform extremely well.
- It comes with a complete build book and it is clear a lot more was invested in this Hot Rod than our asking price.
- It also come a set of wheelie bars.
Add this Anglia to your collection for only $53,750.00!
1959 was probably be one of the most revolutionary years for British Family motoring. It heralded the arrival of three fresh and exciting new models - the Mini, Triumph Herald and Ford Anglia 105E......
Here for sale at A1M Retro Classics is a Race Prepared Ford Anglia. All structural work has been completed, however this is still a restoration project. This vehicle comes with a Roll Cage included.....