1996 (N) Vespa T5 Classic in lovely condition in its original Piaggio 826 Red. It has 8748 miles on the clock, although this will increase as it’s still being used. Registered as a 125, so still learner legal.
The engine was completely rebuilt in January 2017 at 6000 miles (old cases cracked around bearing housing), so most of the parts have only covered 2,800 miles. So essentially, it has got a brand new engine that’ll run for years if maintained well. Very reliable, always starts 2nd kick.
Performance extras include:
• Brand new Pinasco T5 engine casings - rebuilt and fitted January 2017, only done 2,800 miles
• Malossi 172 Cylinder and piston - fitted January 2017, also only done 2,800 miles
• MMW billet aluminium cylinder head, with compression and squish to match Malossi cylinder.
• High quality bearings fitted with double lip viton seals
• Brand new Pinasco T5 racing crank, flowed, balanced & polished with extended inlet timing (as recommended by Malossi) – fitted January 2017, only done 2,800 miles
• Pinasco racing reinforced clutch basket, Pinasco springs and drilled spring cups with new corks. Fitted March 2018.
• Pinasco SI26/26 GR carb with enlarged internal passages for better fuel flow (helps stop fuel starvation). Running the standard large T5 filter bored to suit carb. Fitted February 2018.
• Pinasco air box - 20% bigger than original for better air flow. Fitted March 2018.
• BGM fast flow fuel tap
• JL Evo NT mild steel exhaust, black with removable carbon silencer (awesome pipe!). Fitted April 2018.
• Kytronik variable ignition timing, running same curve as Vepsatronic. Boosts power at lower revs.
Other extras/mods include:
• TSR Cafe Racer seat
• Bitubo adjustable front shock absorber
• YSS adjustable rear shock absorber
• Autolube blanked off and oil passages on carb box filled - now runs on 3% (recommended by Malossi)
• MRP storage box under spare wheel side panel
• Mirror holes on headset removed
• Stadium mirror
• Continental Twist tyres with plenty of grip left
• Spare wheel with Michelin SM100 tyre (in good condition).
• New front brake drum fitted last summer.
This is a nice, tidy example of a T5 Classic, which are highly sought after for their lively performance, and this one is no exception. Widely regarded as the best engine Piaggio made for geared Vespas. An absolute pleasure to ride, huge amount of fun, guaranteeing a big smile on your face!
It has a few small chips on it that have been touched up with the correct colour and marks that you might expect on a 23 year old scooter. The underside of scooter and both wheel arches have been waxoyled for extra protection, although I’ve always made a point of not taking my scooters out in the rain.
There is no rot under the floor mats, however the paint is slightly bubbled where the centre tunnel meets the floor, I think this was caused by a leaking oil sight glass. There are also some small scratches on the spare wheel side panel, a small amount of rust on the corner of the mudguard and 2 small holes in the toolbox where a previous owner drilled it to fix the tax disc holder. The fuel gauge needle is a bit erratic, particularly at low fuel levels.
Lots of spares to take away: Original carb, original clutch basket, cables, bulbs, extra carb jets, spare wheel (with Continental Twist tyre), spare wheel cover, original side panel insulation, original number plate (proper size). 2 keys and original instruction manual included.
Just been de-coked, new plug, lead, cap and CDI fitted.
Viewing recommended. No test rides unless I have the full asking price in cash in my hand and I’ve seen proof that you’re licensed to ride as well as having the correct insurance. Any damage, you keep the scooter, I keep the cash.
I’m more than happy to ride out alongside you so you can see/hear it running. If this is the sort of scooter you’re after, you will not be disappointed!
I’m in no rush to sell so won’t be accepting any silly offers or any part exchanges.
Viewing in High Wycombe, cash on collection preferred.
I’ve tried to give as much info as possible, but if you have any questions, please get in touch and I’ll do my best to answer them. Get in touch for more pics, or search for scooterdelic on Youtube to see it running.
16,851 Miles. Fully Restored to a Very High Standard, Sundance Grips, GS Kick-start, Chrome Simioni Exhaust, Helmet Holder, Centre Stand, Ancilotti Racing Style Seat, Michelin S1 Tyres, White Rubber.....
I have a collection of old motorbikes that i can sell, maybe all in a good price.
3 vespa px 200 cc
1 bajaj 150 indian exact copy of vespa sprint
1 piaggio ciao moped 50cc
1 kreidler florett 50cc
Excellent VESPA P200E, perfectly preserved since 1981 with original plate and booklet.Model without mixer.On 07/2016 a complete ticket was issued, since then it was almost always held in the Garage,.....
Vespa 90 SS from 1970 (produced in only 5309 exemplar), Peacock Blue color, totally restored in the bodywork and in the engine by expert technicians, accompanied by photographic documentation of the.....
Although we've never really done Motorbikes before , because of Our Italian contacts we have agreed to acquire
older Vespa Scooters from them and market them in the Uk.
We don't want to offer scooters.....