1989 DP935 II ONE of ONLY 4 LONG WINDSHIELD CARS MADE For Sale
Located in the USA...dry desert....
1989 DP935 II, ONE OF ONLY 4 LONG WINDSHIELD CARS MADE, REAL DEAL, RS TUNING BUILD ENGINE AND MORE
Model: 935 Turbo DP Motorsport
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
Exterior Color: Red
Interior Color: Black
- The result of the motorsport experience and engineering applied to the road, this One of only four examples built in the “Long Windshield” configuration, this 1989 Porsche DP 935 shows only 23,662 kilometers or 14,778 miles.
- Born from a body in white as a true DP 935, and not a modified 930.
- The genesis of this street-legal Porsche is rooted in the legendary 935 race car—a winning purpose-built competition car that dominated FIA Group 5 racing in Europe and IMSA GTP racing stateside.
- The late 1980s is often characterized by the mantra “greed is good,” where too much is not enough.
- Such is the case with this 1989 Porsche DP 935—a creation of excess and indulgence that pushed the boundaries of automotive convention and culture back in its era.
The 935 body panels of carbon Kevlar construction are of the same design used on the Le Mans-winning 935 K3, utilizing extensive aerodynamics for enhanced performance, downforce suction and cooling.
The enduro 105 tank is placed further forward and the dry sump oil tank is moved to the front trunk for better weight distribution.
- The RS Tuning twin-turbocharged 3.3L horizontally opposed 6-cylinder turbo engine produces 450 HP when mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox, enabling a 183.3 MPH top speed and a 4.2-second 0-60 MPH acceleration time; this was stratospheric performance for the time period, and it remains a high watermark of speed to this day, despite the fact 30 years have transpired since.
The form-follows-function bodywork is further enhanced by the long windshield, designed to achieve the optimal intersection point of low wind resistance combined with aerodynamic downforce.
- Finished in iconic Guards Red with multicolor striping, this DP 935 features BBS mag three-piece racing wheels with “turbo-fan” covers completing the competition inspired presentation.
- The black interior is fitted with iconic DP competition Lollipop bucket seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and the dashboard-mounted “dial of death”—a knurled knob enabling on-demand boost control of the turbochargers.
- The suspension employs Bilstein shocks with H&R springs and sway bars, with stopping power provided by a 4-piston brake system sourced from the legendary 930 Turbo.
•Very rare ‘Long Windshield’ example, 1 of an estimated 4 produced with this feature
•Extensive motorsport aero on the body and the undercarriage
•14,778 miles, metric odometer reads 23,662 kilometers
•935 DPII carbon kevlar body
•Crossbar chassis reinforcement
•Twin turbocharged and air-cooled 3.3L flat-6 engine
•Rated at 450 HP at 5,900 RPM
•0-60 MPH in 4.2 seconds, top speed of 183.3 MPH
•‘Dial of Death’ manual boost controller
•105 liter fuel tank
•4-piston 930 Turbo brake system
•Bilstein shocks with H&R springs and sway bars
•Guards Red with Black interior
•Lollipop bucket seats
•Round headlamps behind acrylic screens
•BBS Group C 3-piece magnesium wheels, 9×15 and 13×15 with turbofans
•Dash autographed by DP Motorsports founder Ekke Zimmerman
PRICE IS FIRM / TRADES ACCEPTED
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
The Porsche 944 is a passenger car produced by the German automaker Porsche between 1982 and 1991.
The 944 was born as an evolution of 924, based on the aesthetics of the special version 924 Carrera.....
Specialist Vehicle Preparations in Droitwich produced a specially upgraded and lightened version of the Cayman S which won universal praise from the specialist motoring press and owners alike. This.....
Built in 1988 by the Trust Racing Team in Japan for the All-Japan Sports Prototype Championship (JSPC), using the ultra-stiff and ultra-fast Richard Lloyd Racing (RLR) tub, as penned by Nigel Stroud......