1972 MGB gt Manual O/D - Excellent Condition For Sale
1972 MGB gt - Tartan Red with Black Leather – Manual with Overdrive
This car is in Excellent condition – Structure – Finish – Mechanicals – Electricals
It has been restored and maintained to a very high standard and used typically for 2000 miles per year for club runs, shows and holidays. It has a new MOT with no advisories
A larger selection of photos can be seen in a folder that speak for themselves showing the condition of the car which has had £000’s spent on it – Please contact me for a link to the folder
From 1972 to 1990 the car had 3 owners in London and covered 67,000 miles.
In 1990 a new owner from Birmingham bought it, fully restored it and kept it for 23 years. The restoration involved a full strip down and all the usual new panels - front and rear Wings, door skins, cills, castle rails, valances and floors
A complete Respray, original engine re-built, new clutch and electrics
Over 23 years, he covered nearly 10,000 miles before selling it in 2013
From 2013 to now, it has continued to be cherished by 4 owners including myself, each doing further work to bring the car up to its current condition. This includes –
• Professional repainting as and when required.
• Full undersealing and inner panels treated
• Unleaded Cylinder head fitted
• A complete restoration of the interior with leather seats, new headlining and carpets, dash panel, centre console and armrest.
• Moto-Lita wooden steering wheel
• A professionally reconditioned gearbox and overdrive (1000 miles ago)
• Rebuilt rear suspension with telescopic dampers (1000 miles ago)
• New robust door and boot locks all on the same key with two sets of keys
• Chrome wire wheels
• New tyres (1500 miles ago)
• Full stainless-steel exhaust
• Twin 12volt battery conversion
• All rubber components and many gaskets have been replaced in the last 2 years
• Carburettors have been tuned and balanced and a fuel filter added
It has a new MOT with no advisories and there are 29 years of MOT's that back up the total mileage at 79,800 to date. Loads of receipts and a few old photo's in a large history file
Please contact me for further information and a link to a folder of photo's
HERES A ONE OWNER LOCAL CAR WITH 56,000 MILES, PURCHASED NEW IN 1968 FROM BRITISH MOTORS IN LOS GATOS CALIFORNIA, ORIGINAL PAINT , ORIGINAL OWNERS MANUAL, ORIGINAL TOOLKIT, KNOCKOFF HAMMER & WRENCH.....
A really lovely genuine BGT that has been cosseted at great expense over the years. This vehicle was built as the 1967 Exhibition show car and was displayed in the Exibition Halls at Longbridge from.....
We are always looking for nice clean MG stock, Midgets, BGTs, Roadsters, MG 1100s, Magnettes, MGA's etc
Instant decisions with prompt payment and same day payment either by bank transfer or cash.
Full restoration required for this early and quite rare MK1 GT. Castle sections and sills are good, comes with original aluminium bonnet and interior, non overdrive gearbox.
Will be a valuable asset.....
MGBGT V8 Recreation built into a 5 year old Heritage Bodyshell.
This car is in build now and will be completed by the summer. Lots of new parts already fitted.
New front brake calipers, new grooved.....