1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six-Pack 4 speed Manual $79.5k For Sale
Located in the USA...dry desert....no salt on roads...
1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda = US-specs....Rare Real Cuda.....
Condition: Clear Title
Exterior Color: IN Violet
Interior Color: Black Vinyl
THIS JUST IN: 1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda w/ a 340 Six-Pack
Complete Breakdown of the MOPAR Fender Tag Decoding Document Featured in the Photo Gallery.
•TRANS AM Package - AAR 'cuda
•340 1-4 BBL 275 hp V8 Engine
•4-Speed Manual Transmission w/ Hurst & Pistol Grip Shifter
•Rallye Instrument Cluster
•High Grade Trim
•High Performance Radiator
•Fresh Air Hood w/ Hood Pins
- The AAR 'Cuda took its name from Dan Gurney's All-American Racers, the team that campaigned Barracudas in the Sports Car Club of America's popular competition series.
- Like the similar racing Dodge Challenger T/As, track AARs ran full-race 440-bhp 305-cid four-barrel V-8s and were lowered and modified for all-out twisty-course combat.
- Built to homologate and qualify these cars for racing, Plymouth constructed a limited production of street AARs.
- Using a 290-bhp 340-cid with three two-barrel Holley carbs on an Edelbrock aluminum manifold, buyers could choose a four-speed or TorqueFlite, with a Sure-Grip axle and standard 3.55:1 or optional 3.91:1 gears.
- The engine breathed through a functional hood scoop, just like our subject car.
- AAR's interior was the same as the production 'Cuda, but its exterior was heavily upgraded.
- Options like the matte-black fiberglass hood, through body-side strobe stripes and tri-colored AAR shield and a black ducktail spoiler to name a few.
- Special shocks and recambered rear springs raised the tail 1 3/4 inches over regular 'Cuda specs, allowing clearance for exhausts pipes that exited in front of the rear wheel well.
Wheelbase, inches: 108.0
Weight, lbs: 3,600
Number built: 2,724
Base price: $4,340
Type: ohv V-8
Displacement, cid: 340
Fuel system: 3 x 2bbl.
Compression ratio: 10.5:1
Horsepower @ rpm: 290 @ 5000
Torque @ rpm: 345 @ 3400
0-60 mph, sec: 5.8
1/4 mile, sec. @ mph: 14.4 @ 99.5
- An excellent street rod from the era, the AAR was a limited production run of only 2,724 examples.
- Solid in a straight line with loud colors and graphics to cement itself in muscle car history.
- This car is still perfect for Saturday night on The Strip or found at your regional cars and coffee with plenty of stories to share.
- All inspections welcome.... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....admz
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts