1969 Lotus Europa S2 - 1 Keeper 49yrs - Beautifully Restored SOLD
|This advert viewed 1672 times|
|Finished in her original Bahama Yellow (paint code L10) we're delighted to offer this exceptional, matching numbers, Series 2 Lotus Europa, which has been owned by the same, Doctor, keeper for an astonishing 49 years, having been purchased when only 8 months old and showing just under 4000 miles. Sold through Swanmore Garage the Europa comes with a wonderful history file; her original Lotus owners manual, stamped service books, Lotus Warranty certificates, Renault Moteurs engine / gearbox deliver card confirming engine / gearbox numbers and delivery to Lotus in May 1969 (ahead of the cars build date) and even letters of communication from the owner to Lotus regarding the cars suspension.|
Loved and enjoyed the car remained in regular use until 1977 (we have every Tax disc 71-77), when now needing some work the car was put into storage and she remained there for a further 33 years, when now well into his 70's the owner decided the car needed a new lease of life and she was entrusted with a select number of specialists for a complete body-off restoration with works including:
- Complete strip down, body removed from the chassis (chassis deemed unsalvageable and a new one sourced, powder-coated and injected with waxoil). The bodywork was repaired as necessary and the car finished as per her original factory colour - L10 Bahama Yellow.
- All mechanical components stripped, checked for wear and either restored or replaced. The engine was fully stripped, new pistons, liners, bearings etc. Gearbox fully inspected and overhauled as necessary, Solex carb fully rebuilt. The drive-train alone looks stunning, detailed correctly in every respect.
- Rocker Cover stripped and powder-coated.
- Radiator re-core and powder-coated. New fan units units, alloy expansion tank and silicone hoses throughout.
- Suspension fully stripped with all new bushes front / rear replaced, all new joints / bearings etc. All larger components painted / powder-coated and front / rear suspension changed to adjustable coil-over platforms.
- Rebuilt braking system including new disc / pads, calipers, brake master cylinder, servo etc.
- New clutch.
- New twin aluminium fuel tanks with electronic fuel pump.
- Wiring system fully inspected and replaced as necessary.
- New exhaust system.
- All fuel lines, brake lines, hoses replaced.
- All new nuts, bolts, fittings throughout.
- All new window / door seals.
- Original 13" steel wheels stripped and refurbished and fitted with new Dunlop tyres, correct beauty rings and "Lotus" embossed hubcaps.
- 4 wheel geometry alignment.
- Interior completely stripped and new carpet set fitted. The original seats remain in fantastic condition as do the door cards, dash etc and the car still has its original 3 spoked steering wheel.
- All chrome work either re-chromed or replaced.
Restored over a 2 year period (invoices for £0000's) and with negligible mileage since, the Europa is presented as she would have been when sold back in 1969 through her original supplying dealer, the London Sports Car Centre Ltd. She looks utterly sensational and to step inside, start the engine and to drive her will take any lucky owner back to time when cars were almost out of this world! Loved, cherished and enjoyed all the way into the owners early 80's the ownership of this Europa is wonderfully special story and she is now offered to the market for the first time since 1970 and we only hope the new keeper will cherish and enjoy using her for another 40+ years too!
|Get notified about new similar ads
A very solid original 1974 Lotus Twin Cam to restore, the engine has been overhauled. Car is complete but lacks the luggage box in the back. Has the original "big valve" Twin Cam engine. Car has no.....
- See all stock
Lotus Europa Type 54 S2 which is the 14th UK RHD car, one of approximately 22-24 cars registered by Lotus Cars and then handed over to the Lotus dealership to announce the arrival of the new Lotus.....
- See all stock
Lotus Europa Type 54 S2 but is an S1 1/2 1968.
Very early car with S1/47 Bodyshell. This gives the car the very clean lines on the front of the car (no Naccelle indicators or side lights) with the.....
- See all stock
Only 3 owner
Power kitt stage III from factory
1600 twin cam engine..Excellent condition Lotus Europa as original. Good runner. One owner, comes complete with Original Lotus Europa Workshop Manual.
Sale due to bereavement.
All reasonable offers.....
Lotus Europa S2 Banks totally restored and in truly fabulous.
I'm selling my brilliant Banks Lotus Europa as on with a 26R project now and it’s becoming a money pit !
Banks is a company based.....
Beautiful Lotus Europa Twin Cam 1972 (Pistachio Green) 4 speed, recent new chassis, new front brakes callipers, all new fully adjustable
AVO suspension. Strong engine, reconditioned carburettors,.....
Imported new into Canada in 1968, this superb Lotus Europa S1(A) has spent it's entire 51 years there, before recently being returned to the UK.
This is one of the first 10 S1(A) built and is an.....
Lotus Europa Twin-Cam Special JPS, 5 Speed Special, 1973. Lotus galvanised chassis with photographic record of rebuild. Rebuilt engine with photographic record. Massive history file going back.....
- See all stock
At auction there this Lotus Year 1971 mission known for the Lotus was in 2015 restored extremely complex and with attention to detail.
There some tags have been implemented around the built-in motor.....