Located in the USA...dry desert....no salt on roads....
1936 Ford Custom Roadster Many Cool Mods =US-specs...A Rare 1 of a kind build...1 off....
Model Custom Roadster
Interior Beige and Blue
Engine 350 V8
Transmission Turbo 350 Automatic
Other Mustang II front end, AC, Carson top, skirts, Winter Grill Cover!
Price $53,750..USD dollars..
1936 Ford Custom Roadster
- There are a lot of different styles of 36 Fords on the road but something about this one really stands out.
- We have listed a few of these over the years and this one is just extremely unique.
- Park it next to other 36's and with its subtle customizations they don't even look like the same year/make of car.
- The car was originally restored a few years back but during the recent year was entirely redone a second time transforming it into what you see here.
- It has since taken home a 2019 Goodguys "Cool Custom" award and continues to gain more attention everywhere it is shown.
- The body of the car is fiberglass but from the firewall forward it is all steel. The Champagne color has a beautiful finish and gives it that perfect touch of luxury and class. It is then accented with Blue pinstriping which was laid down very cleanly.
- It has a two piece style Duval windshield that with its slight backwards slant gives the car an awesome looking side profile. Custom chrome accents line each of the side panels and have a great shine as does the V8 nose trim piece and front/rear bumpers. The Carson top is done in Blue and works perfectly on a car like this.
- Typically it is hard to improve on a Carson top but this one was reworked to be even easier than it already was to remove and put back in place.
- Some of our personal favorite features on the car is the large rear skirts which is something you don't see as often on this vintage of classics. They just give it such a cool look and then when you put on the custom Pines Winter grill cover the car completely changes looks.
-= These covers were used in the Winter months to give you the ability to block off the grill which gave your engine compartment a better chance of heating up so you could actually use your heater.
- It is always a conversation starter and people are often surprised to hear this is a period correct piece versus a custom built cover. The taillights are the original style 36 lights but to the left one a flip up gas cap has been incorporated in place of the original.
- The wheels on the car couldn't be more perfect. Up front it has period correct Ford wide 5 pattern wheels that have a painted to match plus chrome hub cap. These utilize an adapter to connect to a normal lug pattern.
- Pop the hood and you will find a nicely built 350 V8 motor that runs very well.
- This car has been road tested and handles longer drives with ease.
- The motor has been dressed up with a chrome air cleaner and chrome valve covers.
- It is backed by a Turbo 350 automatic transmission that shifts smoothly and transfers power back to the Ford 9 inch rear end.
- Underneath the front of the car is a Mustang II style front end that greatly improves the ride and works perfectly in cars like this.
- In back are parallel leaf springs with lowering blocks.
- Other features include the front disc brakes, rack and pinion steering and new optima battery.
- The interior has just received new leather upholstery which is done in Tan and Blue to match the color scheme of the exterior. The bucket seats are comfortable and both have lap belts.
- The dash adds another touch of Blue and is topped with aftermarket Black face gauges, Optimus AM/FM/Cassette player and the AC vents.
- The AC controls are mounted to the bottom of the dash next to the center vent.
- The tilt column is also painted Blue and is fitted with a leather wrapped LeCarra steering wheel.
- Behind the seats is a removable panel to access additional storage.
- The power trunk opens smoothly and the inside is just as cleanly done as the rest.
This car has a great look and drives just as well.
- It is one of those you can hop in and go anywhere.
If you want a '36 that stands out from the rest this is a steal at only $53,750.00!
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
1936 Ford Roadster
..Fantastic Car in Every Way
..455 Olds v8 Engine
..350 Automatic Trans
..Tan Soft Top
..Very Nice Interior
..Pete & Jake Brakes
..9" Ford Rear
To Be OFFERED AT AUCTION WITHOUT RESERVE at RM Sothebys' Auburn Fall event, 3 - 5 September 2020. Check back soon for complete catalogue description. To view this car and others currently consigned.....