- Ferrari Classiche Certification
- Open headlight
- Superb mechanical condition
The Ferrari Dino 246 was built to 3 different specifications through its production, referred to as the L, M and E series. The initial ‘L’ series cars were made from 1969 until 1970 and have a single centre knock-off wheel nut, front quarter bumpers that merge into the grill, and head rests mounted in the rear bulkhead. The ‘M’ series cars were built for only a short time in early 1971 and have 5 stud wheels, headrests mounted onto the seats themselves, and an internal boot release lever. The last ‘E’ series cars were similar to the ‘M’ cars but with a modified engine and gearbox. In 1972 a Targa-topped model was released and branded the “GTS”.
Despite the smaller engine of the Ferrari Dino 246 compared to other Ferrari of the period, these little gems are no slouch. The 2.4-litre engine produces 195 bhp at 7,600rpm, and with a curb weight of 2,426 pounds makes these arguably one of Ferrari’s most agile cars. This is helped by near perfect weight distribution offering the performance and handling that has awed owners since new.
THIS MOTOR CAR
The Classic Motor Hub are proud to offer Dino ‘03906’ for immediate inspection. This is a 1972 ‘E’ series car that was fully restored by the Ferrari factory under instruction of the Jean Todt family. Originally sold in Bologna, Italy, the car was finished in Verde Pino before being later changed to Rosso with a Pella Nera interior. The car is in fabulous condition both inside and out and has covered less than 1000 miles since restoration. The car has its Classiche Certificate included in the file and is a beautiful example.
Now available for inspection and for sale at The Classic Motor Hub, this car has been driven and approved by us and is ready for immediate enjoyment!
The much sought-after Ferrari 246 Dino GT was named after Enzo Ferrari's son Alfredino, who died in 1956, aged 24 years. Enzo Ferrari credits his son with the inspiration for a series of successful.....