2005 Ford GT Coupe Clean Blue low only 7.1k miles $279.9k For Sale
Located in the USA...west no salt on roads...
2005 Ford GT Coupe = US-specs...
While on the phone with her co-worker, she continued, "Good...can you pick up me and my friend for lunch tomorrow?" Knowing I would get punched, I replied, "where are you going to sit?"
Yup, this is the conversation my wife and I had the other night when I parked this Ford GT in our garage. I didn't say anything and just waited for her to come home from work and see it when she opened the door. I love getting her unfiltered automotive opinions. She liked this car.
2005 Ford GT Coupe
Recent Major Service by Ford
Original Paint / All Options
7,100 Original Miles...dry miles...
Midnight Blue Metallic with Factory Painted Stripes
6-Speed Ricardo Manual Transmission
Clean Carfax® Report
Original Paint / No Accidents
Original Window Sticker
Clean and Clear California Title
- 4,038 Ford GTs were produced for the world over 2-years (2005 and 2006 model years). This example is #147. 455 of these (11%) were delivered in Midnight Blue. This was one of the rarer colors offered.
This Ford GT was built in October of 2004 and sold new on January 10th, 2005 by Northside Ford of San Antonio, Texas. It was ordered with all available factory options, which included:
McIntosh AM/FM w/single CD
Lightweight forged aluminum wheels
Red painted brake calipers
Painted racing stripes
The total MSRP was $156,595
- The first owner lived locally in San Antonio. He serviced the car regularly at the selling dealership and kept it for a little over 5-years/1,000-miles. It was then sold to an owner in Northern California who kept the car for a couple years. He sold it to the current California owner on January 12th, 2012 with 1,422-miles.
- The current owner is a long time sports car enthusiasts who I know through vintage touring events that he participates in with his air-cooled Porsches. His wife bought this for him as a surprise for his 50th birthday. She had it delivered and parked in their garage without him knowing.
- He had first fell in love with the Ford GT when he saw the TV commercial for it during the 2004 Superbowl game.
- He never imagined he would eventually own one. This GT was always garaged and only used for light weekend driving. It was properly serviced at either his local Ford dealer who specializes in GTs or other local specialists.
- In preparation for selling, he took the car to Walnut Creek Ford in April of 2018/6,048-miles for a major service, inspection and anything the car would need.
- The service invoice was $25,157 and included the following:
Replace rear carbon fiber diffuser (due to crack in original)
Complete cooling system service/fluid flush
Power steering fluid service/flush
Brake fluid flush
Transmission fluid flush
Bonnet struts replaced
Driver air-bag replacement under factory recall
Replace all heater and water hoses
Replace fuel injectors
Oil pump drive belt
Oil pan gasket
Rear main seal and crankshaft oil seal
Replaced clutch, flywheel, and slave cylinder
AC compressor and service system
New OEM spec Goodyear tires
Replaced rear toe links
- Just before delivering the car to us, the owner had another fresh oil service performed less than 100-miles ago.
- This Ford GT is in immaculate condition and appears to be near flawless. The exterior is wearing its original paint and verified with a paint meter. There are no significant scratches, dents, or any signs of damage. The glass is all original including the windshield with no major chips or cracks.
- There is the slightest amount of tiny road rash on the side air intakes and underside of the plastic splitter. The wheels have no curb rash and are wearing Goodyear Eagle F1 tires with near full tread. The brakes have near full life remaining as well with no lips on the rotors.
- The interior is equally as nice with minimal signs of wear. The leather seats have no tears or cracks. The door panels, headliner, and dash all look perfect. There are a few tiny scratches on the driver aluminum threshold. All the gauges, lights, mirrors, windows, buttons, and switches all work properly. The McIntosh radio also works. The A/C system blows very cold.
- This Ford GT starts easily and sounds great. The transmission shifts smoothly with no grinding or slipping.
- The clutch engages perfectly. The brakes have excellent bite with no fading or pulling. The car drives straight and handling is precise.
- As touring events are becoming more popular and inclusive (regardless of model year), this would be a blast on these driving events.
- California registration is paid to November of 2019 and it passed California’s strict emissions/smog test.
- This Ford GT comes with the original window sticker, owner’s manuals w/case, factory battery tender with carry case, factory car cover with carry case, factory flat tire repair kit with tow hook, three ring binder with original delivery photos, and recent service records.
**Note: VIN and other numbers withheld to protect against fraud. All numbers including VIN, Engine, and color will be provided to serious buyers.
- More info coming soon and on request or email us...
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....j
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts