1976 Porsche 911 3.0 Carrera Euro-specs Fresh Engine+Trans For Sale
|This advert viewed 465 times|
Located in the USA...
1976 Porsche 911 3.0 Carrera Euro-specs Coupe
- details above 3.0 Carrera Euro
- details above Liter Flat Six
- details above
- details above miles
- A fine 1976 Porsche 3.0 Carrera European Specification Coupe in Black with Plaid Seat inserts.
- A 1976 Porsche 911 3.0 Carrera Coupe in Black with Special Order interior with Driver Sport Seat and Plaid inserts.
- This rare and limited production 3.0 Carrera Coupe is a car that is known to us since 1981 when I purchased the car from the original owner in Dusseldorf Germany.
- It is a remarkable example that is in exceptional condition.
- It has a well documented history and is one of the best driving, lightest and quickest G Series 911’s ever built.
- The 3.0 Carreras offer a true visceral driving experience that is unavailable in a modern day Porsche.
- A bit of history on the 3.0 Carrera cars. Porsche revived the evocative ‘Carrera’ name for its luxuriously equipped, top-of-the-range 911 supercar in 1973. Revised suspension and wider wheels improved the handling, while the Bosch fuel-injected, 2.7-litre engine boosted top speed of close to 150mph. The next major development was the arrival of a new 3.0-litre (200bhp) engine, derived from that of the Type 930 Turbo.
- Introduced in the autumn of 1975 as a 1976 model, the 3.0-litre Carrera was destined for a relatively short life, disappearing when the 911 range was updgraed to ‘SC’ specification for 1978. Its introduction marked an important development in the 911’s production process: the adoption of Thyssen anti-corrosion zinc coating for the steel body panels, which was a vast improvement on what had gone before. Only 3,687 3.0-litre Carreras were built.
- The Carrera 3.0 engine is essentially the 911 Turbo 2993 cc engine – just without the turbocharger. In addition, the lighter 6-bolt flywheel and the crankshaft from the 2.7 RS were installed. To compensate for the missing turbo booster of the 930, Porsche increased the compression ratio and thus provided the three-liter Carrera with a proud 200 hp and a torque of 255 Nm at 4,200 rpm.
- On the road together this also explains why the performance values of the Carrera 3.0 are very similar to those of the 2.7 RS. Although it is often referred to as the tamed version of the original 2.7 RS with 210 hp, it was able to achieve even better values in the various tests: from 0 to 100 km/h, the Carrera 3.0 was a tenth of a second faster (6.3s ), and even two tenths of a second faster from 0 to 180 km/h.
- This was due to the improved torque, the 2.7 RS achieved the same torque only at a much more aggressive 5100 rpm.
- A direct comparison of the power curves explained the wonder: at up to 5 000 rpm, the three-liter engine delivers significantly more power than the 2.7 RS. Only at higher than this magical border can the old Carrera beat it.
- The optimized torque was also reflected in another test: the Carrera 3.0 was a good 3 seconds faster than the 2.7 RS and the 2.7 Carrera from 25 to 100 mph.
- And all this with a car, which was at least 45kg heavier due to the additional noise insulation.
- This 3.0-litre Carrera Coupe retains it’s original matching numbers engine and transmission that has recently been totally rebuilt by Moorespeed out of Austin Texas where it also received it ‘s one and only re-spray in it’s original factory color.
- Equipped with a five-speed manual transmission, Driver Side Sport seat, Black Headliner, engine compartment light, Light Alloy 15 inch 7 and 8 wide Fuchs wheels, rear window wiper blade and sun roof delete.
- Typical of Carrera 3.0 Sport models, it came with lowered suspension; Bilstein shock absorbers, ‘Whaletail’ rear wing and front spoiler, Type 930 Turbo sports seat and instruments (without the boost gauge) and a non speaker dashboard.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....
|Get notified about new similar ads
FOR SALE; PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 2.7 MFI // UK RHD // RARE 'BITTER CHOCOLATE' PAINT
Electric Sunroof, Carrera chrome trim, Gold Carrera graphics, Blaupunkt Radio/Cassette, Wider rear wheels,.....
*** FULL WIDE ARCH VAD CONVERSION SHOW CAR ***, BLACK, Air Bags, Power Steering, Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, Electric Sunroof, CD Player, Air Condition, Full VAD Suede Interior With Yellow.....
This a collectors car that few will have the opportunity to own.
A successor to the 1973 Carrera 2.7 RS Touring.
Uber Rare Carrera RS 2.7 – only 113 made.
68 are known to exist worldwide,.....
- Compare insurance quotes
221 kW (300 PS)
Cubic - details above cm³
Emission Class: Euro1
Many espensive racing upgrades
RUF Alloy Wheels
THE REAL THING WILL COST YOU €1.7 MILLION EURO AND WILL NOT BE THAT PLEASANT TO DRIVE IN HEAVY TRAFFIC, NOR HAVE ALL THOSE MOD-CONS! SORRY NOW SOLD, BUT WE ARE IN THE MARKET TO BUY ANY 993 & 911,.....
Porsche 911 S 2.2, fully restored to the highest level, engine completely rebuilt to new, the body is totally stripped, many photos of work performed, Recaro sport seats, matching numbers, original.....
6-Speed manual transmission
Only 2 previous owners
Black leather Porsche GT3 bucket seats with colour coded backs
Leather equipment option
Red seat belts
Porsche 911 E 2.2
Nov 1969,com tecto de abrir
estofos de pele
só 2 proprietários
- Compare insurance quotes
Interior Colour: Black Leather
Engine: 3.4 L
Power: 374 BHP
Steering: Left Hand Drive
This Porsche 911 Turbo Flatnose was first registered in 1989 and dispatched.....
Beautiful and simply one nice CARRERA
Beautiful – Two Owners (!) –
1985 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2
As well as the 915 Transmission
Original Porsche Fuchs wheels with.....