Built to compete on the 2018 SLS road rally (which runs from Spa via Luxembourg, Reims, Lille and Antwerp to Scheveningen) and then unused since, this MG offers excellent value for money and has a great specification, including:
• Rebuilt 2 litre engine with uprated cam, reconditioned crank, new main bearings, unleaded head, 45 Weber, clutch, radiator, hoses and pipes
• Stainless exhaust with LCB manifold
• Aluminium bonnet
• Wire wheels with recent tyres
• Poly-bushed front suspension with uprated anti-roll bar. Spax conversion to rear.
• Full safety equipment including half cage, TRS harnesses and extinguisher
• Cobra Monaco Sport seats
• Sebring headlamp covers and filler cap
• Marshal spotlights and rally reversing light
• Brantz International 2S Pro, map-light, helmet box
Based on a very sound GT which had been in the owner’s family for many years. Extensively restored in the 90s the car is very solid throughout, but has some localised micro-blistering in the paintwork.
Original leather front and rear seats available if required.
Complete with a large file of invoices for recent work. Great to drive, and a relatively low-cost entry into some excellent events.
This car was built as a clone car to the works MGB race car BRX854B and even has a similar reg.no. It has had its own Fia papers and has raced extensively with some success.It is "on the button" ready.....