1977 MGB GT - Maroon/Electronic Ignition/Overdrive For Sale
I’m soon moving into my girlfriend’s house which doesn’t have a garage (unlike mine), so won’t have anywhere to store or work on the B. Therefore I’d like someone else to enjoy her instead of it rusting away outside.
- Currently just over 91,595 miles (will increase slightly, as in very occasional use)
- Tax & MOT exempt (last MOT 2017, with few advisories)
- Mechanicals are in good condition overall
- Electronic Ignition, electric radiator fan and oil cooler (so always starts 1st time and never overheats)
- Fully working Overdrive (cruises very well at motorway speeds, I've gone all over the country with 200+ mile trips to Somerset, without fault!)
- Desirable Mini-Lites fitted with good condition tyres
- Unique Marroon colour (repainted from blue, can see in engine bay and in some interior places, not visible externally)
- Paintwork condition is fair but some rust bubbles starting to appear (tailgate & bonnet), with marks and scratches present
- Interior condition is fair but tired in places, would benefit tidying up. Original cloth seats in good condition, but headlining in the boot in-particular is poor, with rear heating screen wiring hanging out (not working). Genuine MG rubber mats included.
I've loved the past 20 months with this cracking and unique B. Its gone all over the country, including the owners club (pictured), Somerset and on many rallies. Its always been reliable and easy to maintain (pictured). When not in use always garaged (which I'm loosing and reason for sale)!
Any questions or further pictures please let me know...
Viewing is encouraged and can be done in Sheffield or Newark.
An ideal starter classic, this lovely red 1972 MGB GT is a desirable chrome bumper model in great usable condition. Formerly owned by an elderly relative of the consigner, the car has covered just.....
We are always looking for nice clean MG stock, Midgets, BGTs, Roadsters, MG 1100s, Magnettes, MGA's etc
Instant decisions with prompt payment and same day payment either by bank transfer or cash.
Full restoration required for this early and quite rare MK1 GT. Castle sections and sills are good, comes with original aluminium bonnet and interior, non overdrive gearbox.
Will be a valuable asset.....