For sale is my beautiful and totally original E30 325i cabriolet. Registered in 1987, the car has had just three owners (including me) and is the rare 5-speed manual; beautifully presented in Zinnober Red with contrasting Pearl Beige leather sports interior.
Prior to my ownership the car spent its previous life on the island of Guernsey, gently exercised at maximum 40mph (the island speed limit) for over 30 years and just 70,000 miles. Originally supplied by Jacksons, the only main BMW dealer on Guernsey who also took care of servicing her formative years.
In 2017, this gorgeous droptop came over to the mainland, whereby her second registered keeper took ownership. Today, the car is presented in excellent condition, with that legendary straight-six M20B25 engine purring and a drivetrain that feels smooth and young.
Before I bought the car in September 2018, there was some light recommissioning, including a new full exhaust system, clutch slave cylinder, brake discs and pads all round, all new flexible brake hoses and a full service.
The original service book contains fifteen main dealer and BMW specialist stamps, documenting the cars well cared for island life.
During my ownership I wanted to refresh and fix up everything, so the car also now comes with a lever-arch folder full of receipts documenting over £5k of work that includes the following:
- Full Inspection 2 service
- New timing belt, water pump and gasket
- New alternator and power steering drive belts
- Replaced coolant and new coolant plug gasket
- New thermostat
- Fixed inoperative temperature gauge
- Bilstein B4 all round
- Bilstein B3 springs all round
- New rear subframe bushes
- Wax-oiled sills and underside
- New front wishbones, control arms and bushes.
- New head-gasket and head bolts
- New windscreen surround chrome trim
- Replaced all fuel lines
- New rear window weather strips
- New mid-exhaust bracket
- Replaced both front seatbelt stalks
- Fixed driver’s seat forward mechanism and tilt
- Replaced gear shift bushes (a job that transformed the driving experience!)
- New plastic hood trim covers
- New rear boot lid gas strut
- New front bonnet lid gas strut
- Fixed central locking module
- New gearbox output shaft seal and lock tab
- New fuel tank and fittings
- New fitted front and rear mats
- 4 x new Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres (February 2018)
Bodywork is stunning, rust free and has also been fully checked over by my trusted go-to BMW specialist. She runs super sweetly, pulls lovely, is a delight to drive and with the suspension completely overhauled, feels direct, planted and future proofed. I even added a subtle Pioneer Bluetooth hands free and mic'd up head unit.
Mileage is still silly-low at just over 73k miles as I've only driven on the odd day out with my family and only when it's dry and MOT'd until the end of August 2020.
In May 2019 I was asked to feature in a cover feature photoshoot for the July 2019 ’Modern Classics’ magazine, and the car will come with a copy of that edition.
This is a usable classic that’s in fine fettle. Good condition, original examples of these are becoming seriously difficult to find now - especially manual 325’s and especially on this mileage.
If your looking for an unmolested and original pre-facelift 80s icon in the ultimate E30 colour combination, then look no further.
Summary of stamped service history:
22 Jan 1987 – 21 miles (PDI)
21 Apr 1987 – 1,204 miles
12 Jul 1988 – 2,573 miles
24 Aug 1989 – 6,641 miles
29 May 1990 – not recorded
11 Sep 1992 – 16,110 miles
23 Sep 1994 – not recorded
27 Sep 1995 – not recorded
30 May 1997 – 36,134 miles
28 May 1999 – 41,847 miles
10 May 2000 – not recorded
24 Jul 2002 – 52,863 miles
10 Jul 2003 – 55,487 miles
18 Nov 2004 – 58,534 miles
22 Aug 2018 – 70,187 miles
25 Oct 2018 – 70,443 miles
Lhd spanish registered bmw e36 evo 321 bhp in the best colour dakar yellow. 6 speed manual with service history and only 165000klms. In perfect condition . all the usual m3 extras. One of the best.....
BMW E30 M3..... a vey rare AK05 Euro car with a factory 215 bhp and finished in alpine white (alpinweiss 146) with anthracite (0211) cloth interior. Specification to include fitted.....