1967 VW Split Screen Camper Van – Factory German Built & RHD For Sale
We are absolutely delighted to offer for sale one of the finest and highest spec builds we have ever completed here at UK Sports Cars. This restoration has been carried out by us throughout 2019 and has only just been completed.
It is becoming increasingly more difficult for us to source good Right Hand Drive shells to restore and we will only restore buses that fit the criteria for the absolute best selling specification. This particular bus qualifies for this exact criteria being factory Right Hand Drive, German built and UK supplied. This combination has always been highly desirable for the UK market and as such is very difficult to find in the first instance. This bus has even more desirability being a ‘walkthrough’ model, which means there is a split bulkhead behind the front seats allowing you to walk from the front to the rear without the need to exit the vehicle. This is a massive bonus for camping purposes and practicality in general. To complete the ultimate model spec, this bus also has a full width side elevating Dormobile pop top roof which allows for more than double the headroom and also increases the sleeping berth from 2 to 4.
This bus has been stripped to virtually a bare metal shell allowing us to replace various rusty / out of shape panels with brand new steel. The availability of parts & panels on these buses is now excellent and it has been a joy to work with the best available panels on the market to ensure that the bus had the finest possible preparation prior to paintwork. No corners have been cut with this restoration. Once metal work had been completed the entire bus was prepared and painted in year correct and very popular Volkswagen colours, ‘Titian Red / Beige Grey’. The entire inside of the shell has been painted along with the engine bay and all other associated areas to ensure the bus look superb throughout.
The Dormobile roof has been completely stripped down for paint and fitted up using brand new lifting arms, new seals throughout, twin bunk beds ‘upstairs’ fully stripped and painted and fitted with brand new beige bed canvases, Brand new candy stripe canopy etc. All parts direct from Dormobile who are still going strong today (50+ years later), a true testament to the quality of their product.
• Fully reconditioned 1641cc engine from The VW Engine Company (who we use for our engines and have a superb reputation globally). This is not just a recon unit with old ancillaries bolted to it. Every single ancillary on this engine is either brand new or fully reconditioned and the engine supplied as a turnkey unit, which has only covered only a handful of test miles by us since installation (Run in period is 500 miles). This includes a brand new high quality Bosch alternator.
• T2 IRS Gearbox (Independent Rear Suspension) with longer gear ratios and a higher top end speed. Suspension can move independently on both sides also allowing for a more comfortable ride.
• T2 hubs front and rear including later front beam. The later T2 setup was a vast improvement in engineering and renowned for a far superior drive, a very important and desirable upgrade.
• Front Disc Brakes for superior braking performance.
• Brand-new 12V wiring loom installed including new batteries and all other associated electrics.
Interior Specification We specialise in the build and installation of bespoke interiors in these buses, particularly on Split Screens. It has taken many years of trial and improvement using very careful thought and planning to now reach the stage where we have perfected what we believe to be the absolute ultimate and uncompromised layout for a Walk through bus utilising all of the features effectively. The specification is listed in detail below.
• Brand new headliner professionally installed with chrome edging trims to neatly finish the roof aperture hole in year correct perforated off white vinyl material. Trimmed neatly down to the waistline including piping and all extra detailed finishing.
• Brand new upholstery throughout resplendent in Mystic Burgundy / Off white vinyl. This includes a brand new panel card set upholstered using detailed stitched inserts and deluxe chrome trims throughout. A highly time consuming and expensive task to carry out this kind of detailing.
• Full reupholstery of the original front seat units in matching material including piping, insert sections and stitching. No after market seats used, these are original seats made to look new.
• Full width Rusty Lee Rock n’ Roll bed (Recognised internationally for being amongst the best beds on the market). For those who do not know this is a 3 person forward facing rear seat frame that folds down to make a full width rear bed without any compromise in space unlike the ¾ width bed that you often see fitted. This particular bed has been custom welded for us to allow for the bespoke table to be stowed cleverly behind the frame when not in use. The frame has also been custom powder coated in cream for a unique finish and to blend with the new upholstery.
• Rusty Lee bespoke flip down double buddy seat in powder-coated cream to match bed frame. This is the first double buddy seat we have tried and is absolutely excellent. The main section is mounted behind the passenger bulkhead to allow for further seating whilst also space saving and the double section hooks on to create a double fold down seat. We are very impressed with how this unit works.
• Brand new 4 piece bed cushion set in matching vinyl with detailed inserts including spare wheel removable plug section on rear cushion should you wish to add a spare wheel to the original carrier.
• Bespoke curved bed skirting board hand built in lightweight materials and veneered in oak. Bespoke built to follow and sit flush with the curvature of the bed frame. Custom crafted storage section for table leg housed in skirting board.
• Front inertia 3-point Seatbelts either side.
• Reinforced flooring and Designer Stripey high gloss laminate finished neatly with aluminium edging trims.
• Bespoke cabinet built to sit behind drivers bulkhead made out of lightweight materials and finished in oak veneer with a lovely matching grain on the cupboard door. Worktop finished in high gloss black laminate and complete with original style ‘Devon’ edging trim and cream insert for a retro twist to the more modern feel inside.
• Cabinet built to house a Smev Single Gas Burner / Sink Combo unit allowing for the remainder of the worktop to be used for preparation space. Water pump / bottle etc. housed in additional cupboard space below.
• Waeco CRX50 Fridge Unit with flush mounted frame kit. The absolute best camping fridge on the market by a long margin at a cost of over £600 for the full kit. This fridge runs off 12V operation. MPS35 adapter wired in to allow the fridge to be automatically powered when connected to 240V mains hookup instead.
• Bespoke table in matching high gloss laminate complete with ‘Devon’ edging trim and cream insert. Pedestal setup with chrome leg and base for easy removal and can be stowed behind bed frame as previously mentioned.
• 12V leisure battery and highest quality custom made to order split charge relay kit to allow the alternator to charge both the vehicle batteries whilst the engine is running.
• USB charging port in rear.
• 240V Mains Hookup Kit including 13A socket in cabinet for fridge and Polished chrome 13A socket in bed skirting board.
• Brand new lock set throughout to run off one key.
Extensive restoration photo album available on request
There are many more features on this bus too long to list but overall, this is one of the finest buses out there and comes fully MOT’d (although no longer a legal requirement) for peace of mind and ready to go with the turn of a key. You simply could not build a bus to this standard for the asking price so save yourself an enormous amount of money and stress by buying a top specification bus that is completed and ready to be enjoyed.
Registered in Jersey from new, this RHD 1975 T2 Westfalia with tilt rood has been subject to a full restoration by Le Riche on behalf of a client during the period 2012 /2013, and has covered only.....
Type 2 bay window camper owned past 16 years full body restoration done 2008-2010 subaru engine 2.2 16 valve fitted 2010 by tsr engine conversions in suffolk van was featured in vw camper magazine.....
VW T25 Camper Van - First registered 01-03-1990
One previous owner
Selling my beloved T25 Camper Motor Home runs on LPG (very cheap about 45p a litre) and Petrol
very realisable and economical