Regrettably for sale is my M38a1 - I purchased this about 18 months ago as a project to complete with my father, but sadly we unexpected lost him to cancer early this year. As much as I have tried to carry on with the jeep I simply do not have the time or motivation to continue working on it alone.
This is an original US army built version with data plates that served in the Phillipines, not a nekaf or civilian CJ5. It has been converted to 12V too.
As it is a project that is midway through some areas have been repaired/restored, others have been stripped and others are still as purchased.
So work that has been completed:
- Brake system replaced, inc. master cylinder and slave cylinders.
- New fuel pump fitted
- Carb cleaned, and fitted with new gaskets etc.
- Fuel tank removed, cleaned, painted and new float fitted.
- New battery
- New spark plugs
- some parts rubbed down and painted
- New battery
Areas still requiring attention:
- Headlight wiring (wires there and other lights work fine just headlights)
- General body work etc.
- standard service things, fluid changes
- Handbrake to be fitted
- Windscreen wipers
- New set of dials
- Full Handbrake set up
- Full Canvas set inc seat covers and top
- 2x jerry cans and holders
- new windscreen bracket (original rusted through but works)
- New indicators
- 5L of specially made MV paint, to the correct Vietnam era colour - 24084
After fitting the new pump, cleaning the fuel tank and cleaning/refitted the carb she ran very well and smooth (videos available). But this was a good few months ago, and I've not touched her since.
This is an excellent project that requires very little more than time, knowhow and passion to complete. Nearly everything else is there already.
This vehicle has also remained as a 6V, but starts first time, every time. Complete with the following period accessories: shovel, axe, Jerry cans and water buckets (to name a few) are date stamped.....
Rare ONE OFF. 1943 Willys Jeep
Combat order Under and Over,and looks it.
All Clocks present and correctly Working.
Good engine gearbox and transfer box.
Correct Gearbox,Transfer case, Crash Plate,.....