Heritage Trust Certificate number 99/2592 confirms the following.
Right hand drive: Home market.
Date built: 26-27 January 1954
Date despatched: 1st February 1954
Registration: ECP 295 issued in Halifax
Some serious restoration was carried out around the year 2000 which included what looks like a body off job and complete respray in original colour. Leather upholstery was replaced and new carbs fitted. Since then it was laid up in a garage for about 16 years and was put up for sale when the owner sadly died. It was revived and serviced by a local MG Specialist including full inspection and refurb of the mechanics and brakes, and a new clutch and new brake master cylinder. Since then it has covered less than 2000 miles to Classic Car shows
Some sensible updating has been carried out including:
• Stainless steel exhaust
• Spin-off oil filter assembly
• Painted wire wheels
• Rear stainless boot rack
• Some replacement chrome work
• Front anti-roll bar fitted
• Mota-Lita 3 spoke wood rimmed steering wheel
Overall the car is in excellent condition:
• The paint is deep and very shiny. No scratches and certainly no rust.
• Chrome is excellent.
• The weather gear is complete and in good condition.
• The tyres look almost new
• The engine starts and runs sweetly with good oil pressure
• All dials, aside from the clock, are working
• The speedometer reads , but who knows what this means:)
• Original operation manual
This very sharp right-hand drive 1955 MG TF is available in red with a red interior. It comes equipped with a 4-speed manual transmission, dual carburetors, wire wheels, soft top, tonneau cover and.....
Finished in Silver with matching hard top and contrasting black interior. In lovely condition throughout and covered only 66,700 miles. Full Service History and MOT'd until November '17 with no advisories......
This TF was first registered in Hertfordshire in August 1954, as the original buff logbook and other correspondence on file confirms, this TF had three private owners before being acquired from Parade.....