1971 Maserati Ghibli Spyder Convertible Rare 1 of 125 made For Sale
Located in the USA...dry no salt on roads...((( also have a dry parked 68 Ghibli Coupe roller Project Manual in France on request please $obo ))))
1971 Maserati Ghibli Spyder Convertible = US-specs....very Rare !!
4.9 Liter V8
Price: $679,900..USD dollars....
Body Style: Convertible
Exterior: Red Orange
Body Style: Convertible
- In the late 1960’s, award winning automotive designer Giorgetto Giugiaro designed one of his finest masterpieces in the Maserati Ghibli. Named for the warm, exotic desert winds, the Ghibli debuted at the 1966 Turin Motor Show. Gaining immediate acclaim for its rackish shape and great pedigree, it was regarded as one of the most refined, beautiful and elegant cars ever made.
- The Ghibli not only featured a fresh body design, but also included advanced mechanical features. Maserati initially outfitted the Ghibli with their race-bred 306 hp dry-sump 4.7-liter quad-cam V8 fed by four Weber carburetors coupled to a ZF 5-speed manual transmission and limited slip differential.
- The cars could reach 60 mph in less than seven seconds with handling that rivaled that of the best cars of the period. Dramatically low and wide, the disc brake equipped Ghibli was further improved in 1969 with the bigger SS 4.9 liter engine (as equipped on this car). The bigger engine upped the power to 330hp allowing it to compete with its Ferrari rivals. With a top speed of 170 mph and 6 second 0-60 times, this Maserati was competitive with anything on the road. The Spyder version of the car was produced, raising the bar on automotive beauty to another level.
- The car on offer here is a stunning example of what is undeniably one of the most beautiful cars ever produced; the 1970 Ghibli Spyder.
- Only 125 Ghibli Spyders were produced; and the rarity of this car puts it at the top of the collector car world.
- Purchased by the current owner in 2001, the car received a comprehensive nut and bolt rotisserie restoration at a cost of more than $150,000! The work was done by marque specialist Vantage Motors of Stamford, CT. The car was taken down to the smallest bits and restored to the highest level. The body was stripped to bare metal and refinished to the highest level. The car is presented in striking Orange and is stunning from every angle. The paint is excellent with a deep shine and luster. The shut lines are excellent and all trim is in near showroom condition. The fit of the doors, hood and panel lines are show quality and consistent throughout the car. The chrome wire wheels (4 bolt pattern) are in excellent condition.
- All Chrome was restored and remains in wonderful condition. Glass and rubber trim is correct and excellent throughout. The restored Black Leather interior remains in wonderful condition; the leather is supple and shows little wear. The carpeting was replaced as well as the “mouse hair” dashboard. The center console and door panels were restored as well. All instrumentation and switches were restored; the steering wheel and center horn button are particularly nice.
- The restored canvas convertible top is excellent and has seen little use; the car has its original and rare hard top. The trunk was refinished as well and the floors look new.
- The restoration work includes, but is not limited to the following; - 4.9 liter V8 engine Rebuild including porting and polishing of intake and exhaust manifolds and new valves and springs. ($43,744.94) - 10.5:1 Compression ratio - New Camshafts - New Crankshaft and rods - New Bearings - New Kevlar Clutch - Custom lightweight Aluminum Flywheel - New High torque starter - NEW weber Carburettors - Full rotisserie restoration of body ($93,291) - New radiator - Restored rear differential (limited slip) ($ 6126.37) - MSD Ignition system - New Brakes including calipers, rotors, master cylinder, brake lines - New trim - New Chrome - New rubber - New wheels - Restored interior including dash, door cards, seats and carpets ($13,418.65 Coach Trim Leather, Danbury, NY) - New Soft top ($2000) - Restored Hardtop - Gauges and switches new or restored - New wiring harness. - New Stainless steel exhaust including headers - Rebuilt suspension - Restored power steering system The car was restored in 2002, rarely driven and remains in excellent condition. The engine compartment is well detailed as is the underside of the car.
- The convertible top shows well and the top mechanism works as it should.
- The HVAC system works as designed and the AC blows cold.
- Offering similar performance to the Ferrari Daytona, the Ghiblis are top-tier cars in both style and performance.
- The car starts easily and the tuned exhaust sounds like a symphony; the car makes great power and torque.
- The 5-speed manual transmission shifts well with smooth action and a predictable clutch pedal and the power comes on strong throughout the power band.
- As the speed increases and the engine is opened up, the Ghibli reveals it's true GT nature. Known for their spacious cabins and comfort options like telescopic steering columns (not found on Ferraris of the era) they easily accommodate larger drivers and are wonderful high speed touring companions.
- With its refined quad-cam V8, stack of Weber carbs, stunning good looks, coach built Ghia bodywork and Giugiaro provenance the Maserati Ghibli Spyder presents a wonderful opportunity for a collector or enthusiast to drive and enjoy one of the most important and celebrated sports cars of the Golden Era of Italian design.
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...bnz
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts