1966 Corvette Roadster Rare 427 + Highest Pedigree $110k For Sale
Located in the USA...dry ....no salt on roads....
1966 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster Manual 425-425-HP = US-specs
427 Cubic Inch V8
Body Style: Convertible
Exterior: Silver Pearl
- The 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster on offer here is a very important vehicle in the Corvette collector world. “Picketts Plastic God” has the highest pedigree in terms of provenance and originality; its historical significance cannot be overstated.
- PICKETT’S PLASTIC GOD’’, named after its original owner, is a highly original car with an extensive race, ownership and show history from new.
- In 2016 this car was chosen for the Bloomington Gold Special Collection Display for the Indy 500 for the 50th Anniversary.
- This is a very rare honor; the chosen cars are chosen for their significance in the Corvette world, only 24 cars per year receive this honor!!
- She is a very special car with full and complete documentation from new.
- Known ownership history from new, with extensive photo documentation of the original owner Pat Pickett both with his car in 66 & again REUNITED with her in 2014 with his Son. With a never hit body and unprecedented originality, this car checks all of the boxes for collectability in the Corvette world.
- The car has its ENTIRE ORIGINAL DRIVETRAIN---ENGINE, TRANS, & REAR DIFF. along with the extensive owner history & Factory documentation is nearly impossible. - Engine-- ( November 5th 1965) - L. Side----#858 J.4.5 Head - R. Side #858 I.13.5 September 65 Head - Carb---5.0.4 with correct metering blocks - Distributor---5.K.25 - Alternator 5.K.4 #696 42 Amp - V. regulator----#515--5H - Intake #069 with the large numbers of the Early cars circa Aug, 1965 - Motor---#942 Date J.15.5...
- Have Reams of original historical documentation, including, but not limited to; SCCA Western Ohio Region log books 86 Autocross and Solo 1 log books Period photos, period newspaper articles narrative history by its original owner, original dealer paperwork, Original Window sticker, Original Dealer invoice, Original dealer service records, Original POP book Ownership history; Original owner PAT PICKETT, from Springfield, Ohio. 1967-1974 Second owner Richard Colclough, Dayton Ohio 8-21-74 until 2-8-82, Gerald Crumbaugh in Dayton 1982-2012, Harry Hood in Indiana 2012-2015 Fred Yankocy in Easton, Connecticut 2015- Present The original options on this car include; TELESCOPIC STEERING COLUMN, HARD TOP, BLACK SOFT TOP, AM/FM RADIO, F-40 SUSPENSION, POSITRACTION 3:70, Original 427 CID/425HP ENGINE, Transistorized (TI) IGNITION.
- Added (in period) Hooker side exhaust SCCA roll bar used when he raced her on Sundays.
- Original Silver Pearl paint with ORIGINAL silver interior, including door panels, Seats and dash pad Telescopic steering wheel, Original tire tub & original spare wheel.
- The car has been extensively shown throughout its life, and we have more than 25 lbs of period era trophy's and show documentation.
- All facets of the car has been carefully retained, maintained and only rebuilt when needed with an eye toward keeping the car in as close to original condition as possible.
- The car is a time capsule, bringing you back to her original owner back in 1966.
- That "Understanding" has been passed on from owner to owner until the present.
- In the summer of 2019 the following maintenance was performed; -Rear main engine seal replaced -new oil pan gasket, -L-88 style 12 3/4" 18Lb flywheel was cut and balance - New Clutch was installed - Rear diff restored, including new bearings, races & complete refresh, - NOS, signal column switch, - new solid state TI amp inners.
- Restoration work in 2015, Suspension restoration, including restored upper A-arms with new ball joints, springs & all sway bar rubber both front and back.
- New rear spring rubber cushions along & liners with rear diff rubber brace bushings, rebuilt heater core, replaced front & rear New parking brake cable Restored clock working. Much, MUCH more!
- The original carpet was replaced as well as the seat backs, but the original parts come with the car, along with its original exhaust manifolds, fuel pump; it even has comes with the original 1966 Ohio license she wore from new!!
- In the 70's she received a coat of clear to preserve the original paint along with some special highlights painted by a local Dayton, Ohio artist. Pickett’s Plastic God” is an ultra-rare piece of original corvette racing history and would make a wonderful addition to the finest Corvette collection.
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....ric
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts