1986 Ford RS200 Fun & Fast Rally Car Rare 1 of 148 made For Sale
|This advert viewed 6134 times|
Located in the USA...dry desert....
1986 Ford RS200 Fun & Fast Rally Car Coupe Rare 1 of 148
Price: $265,000...USD dollars....
- details above
- details above
- details above
- details above
Engine Size: Fast and strong mid-mounted 1,803cc Cosworth BDT twin-cam four was fitted with a single inter-cooled turbocharger and electronic fuel injection for an original rating of 250 horsepower in road-going form.
Ext - details above Ivory
Int - details above
- This 1986 Ford RS200 shows under 8,400 miles and is one of 200 road-legal examples produced by Ford for Group B homologation requirements.
- A reported 148 were actually delivered to the public, none of which were officially imported to the US.
- This largely original, left-hand drive example is said to have been owned by a single rally car collector from 1989 until its acquisition a year ago by the selling dealer.
- The Power comes from a mid-mounted Cosworth turbo-four, which sends power to all four wheels through a 5-speed manual gearbox.
- A recent recommissioning included rebuilding and servicing the fuel, clutch, and braking systems as well as more work detailed below.
- This RS200 is now being offered in Oregon with original tools, receipts for the recent service, and a fresh set of Bridgestone tires.
- The composite body shell was designed by Filippo Sano for Ghia and features a distinctive collection of scoops, spoilers, extraction vents, and rally lights.
- Front end refinishing has been carried out on this example to correct a stress crack in the fiberglass hood, as well as a scuff in the front valance. The white paint has been detailed to a high standard according to the seller.
- Single-piece magnesium alloy wheels are currently mounted with older Pirelli P700 rubber, with the seller adding that a fresh set of Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R tires will be provided for the new owner.
- The competition RS200 achieved limited success before the disbanding of Group B after an ill-fated 1986 season, though it fared better in other international venues in later years.
- Interior equipment includes red fabric racing seats, standard gray carpeting, a stock wheel wrapped in red leather, roll-up windows, and a heater.
- Upholstery, vinyl, plastics, and switchgear are shown in a number of detailed close-ups below. A decal explaining cold start procedure remains affixed to the windshield and can also be seen in the gallery.
Instrumentation includes a large central tachometer with a 9,000 rpm redline, as well as an mph speedometer and gauges for boost, oil pressure, and fuel pressure. The 5-digit odometer shows just under 8,400 miles, approximately 200 of which have been added by the seller.
The mid-mounted 1,803cc Cosworth BDT twin-cam four was fitted with a single inter-cooled turbocharger and electronic fuel injection for an original rating of 250 horsepower in road-going form. The car had not be driven in many years when acquired by the seller, and it has since been recently recommissioned by specialist Competition Tuning of Gig Harbor, Washington.
The work is detailed in the documentation below and included the replacement of all eight fuel injectors, low and high-pressure fuel pumps, fuel hoses, both the clutch master and clutch slave cylinders, and the battery along with new belts and fluids.
- Additional photos detail the condition of the drivetrain, tubular space frame chassis, faired-in floors, and double wishbone suspension, the latter featuring dual adjustable coil overs at both ends.
- Four-piston disc brakes received new dual master cylinders during the recent service, as well as fresh caliper seals and pads at all four corners. New steering rack boots were also fitted in addition to other items shown in the work order below.
- The sale includes service receipts for the recent work as well as a factory spare tire, tool kit, and jack.
- A brief Carfax report is also viewable below, showing only the ownership of the selling dealer.
- The car is sold on its original Manufacturers Statement of Origin and a bill of sale.
- The seller is happy to assist the buyer in obtaining an Oregon title at the sellers expense.'
--- Specs and history
- details above
The Ford RS200 is a mid-engined, four-wheel drive sports car that was produced by Ford Motorsport in Boreham, UK, from 1984 to 1986. The road-going RS200 was the basis for Ford's Group B rally car and was designed to comply with FIA homologation regulations, which required 200 parts kits to be produced and at least one road-legal car to be assembled. It was first displayed to the public at the Belfast Motor Show.
- Following the introduction of the MKIII Escort in 1980, Ford Motorsport set about developing a rear-wheel-drive, turbocharged variant of the vehicle that could be entered into competition in Group B rally racing, and dubbed the new vehicle the Escort RS 1700T. A problem-filled development led Ford to abandon the project in frustration in 1983, leaving them without a new vehicle to enter into Group B. Not wanting to abandon Group B or simply "write off" the cost of developing the failed 1700T, executives decided to make use of the lessons learned developing that vehicle in preparing a new, purpose-built rally car.
- In addition, Ford executives became adamant that the new vehicle would feature all-wheel-drive, an addition they felt would be necessary to allow it to compete properly with all-wheel-drive models from Peugeot and Audi.
RS200 at the Race Retro 2008
The new vehicle was a unique design, featuring a plastic-fiberglass composite body designed by Ghia, a mid-mounted engine and four-wheel drive. The cars were built on behalf of Ford by another company well known for its expertise in producing fibreglass bodies - Reliant. To aid weight distribution, designers mounted the transmission at the front of the car, which required that power from the mid-mounted engine go first up to the front wheels and then be run back again to the rear, creating a complex drive train setup.
- The chassis was designed by former Formula One designer Tony Southgate, and Ford's John Wheeler, a former F1 engineer, aided in early development. A double wishbone suspension setup with twin dampers on all four wheels aided handling and helped give the car what was often regarded as being the best balanced platform of any of the RS200's contemporary competitors. The Ford parts-bin was raided to help give the RS200 a Ford corporate look, for example the front windscreen and rear lights were identical to those of the early Sierra and the doors were cut-down Sierra items; though small parts-bin items like switchgear were also used to save development time and expenses.
The mid-engined RS200's engine bay and rear suspension
Power came from a 1,803 cc (1.8 L; 110.0 cu in), single turbocharged Ford-Cosworth "BDT" engine producing 250 hp (186 kW) in road-going trim, and between 350 and 450 hp (261 and 336 kW) in racing trim; upgrade kits were available for road-going versions to boost power output to over 300 hp (224 kW). Although the RS had the balance and poise necessary to be competitive, its power-to-weight ratio was poor by comparison, and its engine produced notorious low-RPM lag, making it difficult to drive and ultimately less competitive.
- Factory driver Kalle Grundel's third-place finish at the 1986 WRC Rally of Sweden represented the vehicle's best-ever finish in Group B rallying competition, although the model did see limited success outside of the ultra-competitive Group B class. However, only one event later, at the Rally de Portugal, a Ford RS200 was involved in one of the most dramatic accidents in WRC history, claiming the lives of three spectators and injuring many others. Another Ford RS200 was crashed by Swiss Formula One driver Marc Surer against a tree during the 1986 Hessen-Rallye in Germany, killing his co-driver and friend Michel Wyder instantly.
We are happy to assist with shipping, nationally and internationally.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Thanks for looking....
|Get notified about new similar ads
With rumble seat, all Henry Ford steel coupe never been off frame, original interior except headliner, new wiring harness, Model C-4 cylinder engine & transmission rebuilt, only 42,484 miles believed correct. Canadian price $62,500. More vehicles for sale on website www.fawcettmotors.com
1932 Ford 3-Window Coupe (Huntington Station, NY) $88,000 obo
This is an older restoration that is in great shape, Sprayed in Ford green and black the car looks simply stunning. Powered by a 1948 motor this has a little more pep in its step with a 4” crank, Isky cam, milled heads, hydroelectric brakes, 3 spd trans
Beautiful Ford Coupe based Race Car.
Originally used from former Swiss Formula 1 Race Pilot Clay Regazzoni for the Buenos Aires-Caracas-New York historic race event in 1992
Specially prepared with:
Ford F100 Motor
ZF 4 speed gear box
Differential with floating bearing
Independed semi axles
Located in Arg
1950 Ford Custom 2DR Coupe
..Very Nice Car
..Red Paint Very Nice
..White Interior Nice
..Flathead V8 Engine
..3-Speed Automatic Trans
..Red Dash Very Nice
..TV in Console
..Dual Dummy Spotlights
..Spinner Hub Caps
..Asking $14,500 USD
..e-Mail or C
Model: Taunus Cortina 1.6 Ghia
Body: 2dr coupe
Chassis number: GBBTTA53654
Engine specifications: 1593cc, in line 4, SOHC, [email protected], dry sump.
Description: This is a 1.3 Cortina coupe that was recent
I have owned this car since 1985 and it has seen many car shows witch my son & daughter have enjoyed over the years as they have grow up and this is what Hot Rodding & Car Shows are all about, meaning people and making new friends along the way. Having said that as life goes on and times change and I have made a decisi
Opportunities like this do not come along very often.
This is a genuine,Henry Ford Original Steel,1932 Model B 5 Window Coupe.The only reproduction body parts used were the steel Brookville wings
Condition can only be described as concours.
Built to the highest standard,using nothing but the best available par
Strong engine V8/289, sounds and runs good, the car needs body work restoration and painting, (we can help bringing all the parts as we have located all them, could also import in one of our containers from the USA at very reduced shipping rate).
We could manage restoration as we are a classic dealer and can provide
1924 Ford Doctors Coupe
..Car Is Work in Progress
..Purchase ad is /
..Or Wait till finished
..Taking Offers at this time
..Call Rod: 001-712-767-2363
..Mobile Phone: 402-651-5521 USA
1966 Ford Mustang Coupe
..In Excellent Condition
..Restored to All Original
..In Great Running Condition
..289 V8 Engine
..A Code w/4-BBL Carburetor
..C4 Automatic Trans
..Burgundy Paint Very Nice
..Lite Tan Interior
..Dash Looks Very Nice
..Chrome In Great Shap