2004 FORD F-150 4.6 Litre V8 | Auto | Super Cab For Sale
|This advert viewed 1949 times|
||£13,995 Offers invited
|FORD F-150 4.6 Litre V8 | Auto | Super Cab (Extended Cab) | 2004|
This Is One Special Truck:
Built by Kenny’s Auto in Tulsa USA. Each year, Kenny’s Auto build and customise a new truck using only the best aftermarket parts and equipment which they then showcase as their demo truck. They then sell their special one-of-a-kind vehicle before starting on a new project. When I purchased the truck in 2014 from the previous and first owner, they still had it listed on their showcase page ( - details above). They now have many more recent examples of their own trucks as well as their customer’s builds on their Facebook page ( - details above).
Journey Across The Pond:
In July 2005, the previous owner was lucky enough to be working in the area at the time of this truck being displayed and offered to buy it, having only covered 8,000 miles. He used it in the USA until April 2006 when he shipped it back to the UK. In June 2014, I purchased this awesome truck from him and it has been my pride and joy ever since! The entire paper trail is available - from the original Ford build sheet, through to the servicing the truck had whilst being used in the USA, to the export certificate and original Port of Tampa shipping tag.
Perfect Mechanical History:
When I purchased the truck in 2014 from the previous owner, he had the LPG serviced every 12,000 miles whilst he undertook the servicing of the truck himself at regular intervals of 5,000 miles. At the time of purchase, he had just fitted new front disks, new pads, new spark plugs, changed out the transmission and engine oil.
Since owning the truck, myself, I have spared no expense maintaining and further upgrading him into the badass that he is today. I have only fitted OEM Motorcraft (Ford) parts, unless an aftermarket part was genuinely of better specification. I have changed the engine oil and oil filter every 5,000 miles - on LPG it comes out almost as clean as it goes in. Spark plugs have been changed for NGK plugs every 15,000 to 20,000 miles (LPG burns hotter which requires earlier changes than if you ran on petrol only). At the 100,000 milestone, I followed Ford’s servicing schedule and replaced the usual engine oil and oil filter, the petrol fuel filter, all 8 fuel injectors, ignition coil boots and springs, both downstream oxygen sensors, engine PCV valve, cleaned the throttle body and MAF, as well as a complete coolant, brake, transmission and differential fluid flush. I also treated the LPG side of the truck to new OMVL LPG fuel injectors and a modern AEB King ECU.
Outside of the usual service items which need replacing; In 2014 I replaced the front brake hoses. In 2015 I replaced the throttle position sensor. In 2017, I fitted Centric rotors and Wagner pads to all four corners, which as a combination is a far superior brake combination than the original Ford parts. The pads have been replaced since, the disks are still in excellent condition. In 2018, I replaced the alternator and auxiliary belt, as well as the transmission cooling lines. In January of this year I replaced all three ABS sensors.
The truck has now ticked over 130,000 miles and quite frankly it runs as good as the day I bought it. Neither should that be a surprise. These are built to cover enormous distances whilst towing trailer loads weighing thousands of pounds! It’s fairly common to see these trucks on US highways at over three times this mileage.
As you can hopefully see, the truck has been maintained to the highest order, and to say this has been my pride and joy would be an understatement!
Complete Paper Trail:
The truck has fully clear USA Carfax and UK HPI titles. Meaning, it has never been involved in any accidents, has not been written off and repaired, and the mileage reading can be verified.
[These are two of the most important checks you should undertake, specifically on US vehicles. There is an incredibly large proportion of US trucks and cars entering Europe which do not have clean USA Carfax titles due to having been involved in serious accidents and subsequently repaired, had their mileage ‘clocked’, or reported as stolen. These go undeclared and they receive clear UK HPI titles!]
The current MOT is valid until the end of September 2020 with the only outstanding advisory being “corrosion on underside of vehicle in various areas on the bed, but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced”. An understandable and completely fair advisory for the age of truck and not something which requires any immediate attention.
The truck comes with a folder of all MOT’s undertaken, parts invoices, original build specification sheet and manuals. The original Ford binder with the Owners Guide, as well as a spare key and spare alarm fob is also present.
“How Much Does It Cost To Run”
In September 2006, at 26,000 miles the truck was converted to run on LPG with a 160 litre gas tank fitted into the bed. The original signed conversion certificate is present. The truck averages 22 (UK) miles per gallon (18 US) on the motorway, which at £0.58 per litre of LPG equates to a very respectable £74.00 fill-up at the pump per 340 miles. At current diesel prices, this works out as an equivalent 28 miles per gallon. Considering that a 3.2 litre Ford Ranger returns 31 miles per gallon, only 3 mpg more, not only is this F150 one efficient truck, but burns a much cleaner fuel with reduced CO2 emissions!
Not So Good Bits:
This isn’t a new truck, as much tender-loving-care as it has received, there are obviously going to be some bits which still need a little more tlc. However, they are very minor and probably only need doing if you’re an even bigger perfectionist!
• The driver’s seat bolster has a tear in the leather and the steering wheel is getting worn. I have received quotes to refurbish both of these, I simply haven’t had a chance to get them booked in yet.
• The rear bed does have some corrosion on the underside and in the coming years may need some attention.
• The front near-side alloy could do with being refinished. These were previously refurbished by Lepsons.
• There’s the expected amount of stone chips which need filling and light marks in the clear-coat which could do with polishing out once the warmer weather comes around.
• Air Lift bags are fitted on the rear leaf-springs to assist with haulage and towing. However, due to a lack of use, these will need servicing if you feel the need to use them.
Although I want to be upfront with the above downsides, I do need to stress that these points are very minor indeed and if done, you’ll have a truck which is virtually in as-new condition!
A Day In This Truck’s Ownership:
To give you an idea of just how extreme the fun factor is from owning this F150, picture this; - your truck remains locked and secure, but you’ve just remote started it from the comfort of your home whilst you wait for the screen to defrost and the leather seats heat up. Once at temperature, the LPG seamlessly switches in, you pop the column shift into ‘auto’ and you pull off down the road. The central locking secures all of your doors including the tonneau cover over the bed. You step on the loud peddle, the 4.6 litre Triton V8 roars out of the Roush twin side stainless steel exhaust and in seconds you’ve over-taken everyone into the fast lane. You cruise along grinning ear-to-ear from the comfort of your automotive armchair, streaming music over the Bluetooth connection whilst everyone keeps out of your almighty way. Oh, and not only are you fully loaded, carrying five passengers and a full load of cargo in the 6.5ft bed, but your mpg has barely decreased and you’re riding at just over tick-over!
An Outstanding F-150 For Sale:
This F150 is quite honestly the best purchase I have ever made. After 6 years of ownership, it still puts a smile on my face every time I admire it and drive it. Whether it’s the sheer size and street presence it embodies, the roar of the V8 at wide open throttle, or the immense comfort, space and gadgets inside of the cabin, it’s the perfect vehicle. Nonetheless, after so many years of reliability and enjoyment, it’s time to let someone else experience the immense joy that this truck provides. The reason for the sale? Well, it should be obvious – I need to fund the purchase of a new, slightly larger (yes, really!) F150!
• 2004 Production Year (Eleventh Generation)
• Imported From Tulsa, Oklahoma In 2006
• Clear USA Carfax and UK HPI Titles
• Only One Previous Owner
• 130,000 Miles
• September 2020 MOT
• Left-Hand Drive
• Super Cab (Extended Cab)
• 2 Metre (6.5 Foot) Truck Bed
• 3.7 Metre (12.2 Foot) Wheelbase
• 4.6 Litre Triton V8 2-Valve SOHC (a big benefit of this engine over the 5.4 Litre is that it does not have the inherent problem of the two-piece plugs snapping!)
• Roush Performance Dual Side Exit Off-Road Exhaust (T-304 Stainless Steel mandrel-bent tubing, installed in 2016, emitting a loud, throaty V8 burble at idle with a deep roar at wide open throttle)
• 2.5” Twin MagnaFlow Cats
• 2WD with a 3.55 Limited Slip Differential
• Automatic Column Shift Transmission
• Superchips MAX Tuner (performance tuner which vastly improves shift points (particularly 2-3), low-end torque and overall horsepower)
• AIRAID Air Intake System
• AIRAID PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer (the inner helix bore atomizes the air and improves low-end torque and throttle response)
• Rancho RS9000 Front Loaded quickLIFT Struts and Springs (installed in 2014 to provide a 1.75” natural lift)
• Rancho RS5000 Rear Shock Absorbers and Ford Rear Spring Spacers (installed in 2014 to level truck)
• Rear Air Lift Air Springs (these are supplementary to the stock suspension to assist with haulage and towing. However, due to a lack of use, these will need servicing if you feel the need to use them)
• Centric Rotors and Wagner Brake Pads
• OMVL LPG injectors and AEB King LPG ECU (installed in 2017)
• LPG Valve Saver (Flash Lube) Lubrication
• 160 Litre LPG Gas Tank (holds 130 litres of fuel)
• 135 Litres (35.7 US gallons) Petrol Tank (upgraded from the standard 27 US gallons tank)
• 20" American Racing Alloy Wheels with 33” Cooper Zeon LTZ Tyres (refurbished by Lepsons)
• Ford Harley Davidson Headlights and Tail Lights (installed in 2014 to complete the all-black style)
• Ford Harley Davidson Nerf Bars (side steps)
• Front Hood Scoop
• Upper and Lower Billet Grill
• Black Ford Badges
• Leer Fiberglass Tonneau Cover
• Automate Alarm System (insurance accepted as equivalent to Thatcham)
• Automate Remote Start System (has lots of functionality beyond just remote starting)
• Steelmate Automotive Front and Rear Parking Sensors
• Rear View Backup Camera
• Pioneer Entertainment Unit (Bluetooth, DVD, CD, USB, AUX, MP3 Player)
• Garage Door Opener (3 gate memory)
• Power Door and Rear Bed Tonneau Cover Locks
• Power Turn Signal Mirrors
• Power Windows
• Power Rear Sliding Window
• Power Sun-Roof
• Cruise Control
• Power Foot Pedals (distance can be set for long and short legs)
• Illuminated Pedals (switchable to turn on/off)
• Katzkin Full Leather Interior (driver’s seat bolster could do with being repaired)
• Heated Front Seats
• Carbon Fibre Dash and Steering Wheel Trim
• Extra Plush Floor Carpets
• Catch All Floor Mats
• Spray-In Bed Liner and F150 Rubber Mat
|Get notified about new similar ads
HELLO YOU ARE LOOKING AT A STUNNING EXAMPLE OF THIS FORD F150 PICK UP SINGLE CAB, 4.2 V6 WITH THE VERY RARE 5 SPEED MANUAL GEARBOX, COVERED 64000 MILES WITH SERVICE HISTORY PRESENTED IN FLAME RED.....
- See all stock
2018 Ford F-150 XL RWD Pick-Up (Single Cab) 290bhp 4x2 3.3L V6 Ti-VCT DOHC 24V 6-Speed Automatic (LHD) Work Truck in Deep metallic Blue with Grey interior, Featuring Lockable rear load cover, Rear.....
- See all stock
’20 reg Ford F-150 Lariat 4×4 Supercrew Cab, Oxford White with Black Leather Interior, Lariat Chrome Appearance Package, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost, 10-speed Automatic Transmission with Tow Mode, Twin Panel.....
- See all stock
Svt lightning sc, privacy glass, billet grille & vents, svt electric alcantara seats, 20" svt alloys, colour-coded, dual exhaust system, k&n upgraded intake system, multi-function steering wheel,.....
351W 4 speed manual
Power steering and brakes
Truck drives and runs very well
Tonneau cover on rear bed
Only selling as fancy a change
Truck is still in original.....
Ford F150 Harley Davidson in black with black leather interior, 5.4L petrol V8, 4 speed auto with overdrive, 125,XXX miles (reads in kms, it was a Canadian truck) 22inch Verimi Italy wheels, a/c,.....
For sale my 2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Harley Davidson Auto Pickup Truck, only selling as not used much, only covered under a 1000 miles between MOT's
The F150 is kept in a Garage when not in use so.....
- West Midlands