- A very Rare 1986 Gemballa Avalanche – RUF 3.4L Turbo Coupe – Only 14k Miles – RUF Dogleg Transmission very Fast !!
Included Taxes & Checkup
Mileage 13,000 mi
Exterior Color White
Interior Color Black
Engine 3.4 L
- On sale and finished in Pearlescent White with a Black Leather interior this super-rare, left hand drive Gemballa Avalanche was first registered in the UK in April 2018 and was originally supplied brand new to a dealer in Puerto Rico, USA in 1986.
- The Porsche 930 Turbo may well have been one of the fastest and most highly regarded sports cars of the 1980’s but a market for specialist tuners emerged during that time with RUF and Gemballa quickly making a name for themselves.
- Gemballa was founded in 1981 by Uwe Gemballa, an engineer who started out creating bespoke interiors before developing a strong interest in aerodynamics and associated aftermarket products. Gemballa soon turned his attention to producing complete cars based on Porsche 930’s and quickly gained a reputation for outrageous designs combined with wild performance.
- The Avalanche debuted in 1985 with a price tag of 390,000 DM (nearly $700,000 in 1989) and quickly became the wheels of choice for some very high-profile celebrities such as the rap-musician Vanilla Ice who immortalised the car in the lyrics of one of his songs – “Of course a Vanilla rides the groove like a Gemballa Porsche”.
- Each Avalanche was created by Gemballa with mostly bespoke body panels plus individual interiors filled with the latest technology for the time.
- Mechanical upgrades were completed by RUF with the cars being finished off by Gemballa to specific customer requirements.
- Believed to be one of only 15 examples produced, this 1986 Avalanche was reputedly one of the last built and with RUF’s involvement with the project it is known that this Avalanche was fitted with a RUF engine producing around 375 bhp plus a RUF-developed 5-speed manual transmission.
- This Avalanche presents itself in original and excellent condition with less than 14,000 miles since new and represents an exceedingly rare opportunity to own a significant piece of automotive history from the 1980’s.
Believed to be one of only 15 Avalanches produced by Gemballa
RUF dual-exhaust system
RUF 375 BHP turbocharged engine conversion
RUF 5-speed ‘dog-leg’ manual transmission
Chrome-finish 17? HRE Performance split-rim Alloy Wheels
Michelin Pilot SX Tyres – Front 225/40 ZR18, Rear 285/35 ZR18
Chrome Strut Brace
Alpine Tuner/Single CD Head Unit
Alpine MRD-F752 V12 Class-T Digital Amplifier
Cobra Alarm System
- A true 1980’s pin-up combining outstanding looks with ballistic performance this RUF-powered Gemballa would make a solid investment and a unique addition for both the most discerning and enlightened of collectors.
?This vehicle is en route to us here in Miami and available for immediate sale
- Serious inquiries please email us....
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
Same owner for more than 30 years
Original colour combination Heron Grey with red interior
Arm rests in leather
2 Fog Lights
*** FULL WIDE ARCH VAD CONVERSION SHOW CAR ***, BLACK, Air Bags, Power Steering, Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, Electric Sunroof, CD Player, Air Condition, Full VAD Suede Interior With Yellow.....