Seller's phone number is protected behind a forwarding service
This 1969 Series 4 underwent a complete restoration (2009) by Classic Autosports to recreate a car that captured the spirit of the 26R racing Elans. Featuring
- Complete rebuild around Spydersport chassis (including roll bar and side bars)
- Engine rebuild by Agra Engineering, twin Weber 45s, uprated radiator and additional oil cooler
- New suspension including Spydersport wishbones, coil overs and adjustable shocks
- AP Racing front brake upgrade, and steel driveshaft conversion to replace Rotoflex
- 26R bodywork modifications from Tony Thomson including front and rear widened arches, bumpers and perspex racing headlight fairings
Photos of this original restoration are available.
In addition a further engine rebuild was carried out in 2014 (approx. 2000 miles) by Halcyon Engineering.
- Rebored to 1704cc
- Forged internals (10.5:1 compression ratio)
- Gearbox rebuild
- Heavy duty Helix paddle clutch fitted
A very unique car in excellent condition with thousands spent and well cared for. Please note Minilite wheels are now black with chrome spinners.
The Elan Sprint was essentially based on the Series 4 Elan and was primarily designed to rekindle demand and improve the performance of the nine-year-old sports car. Conceived by the Lotus Sales Director.....
A super 1967 Lotus Elan DHC Left Hand Drive
Low Mileage, low ownership, originally left hand drive, correct Type 45 in very good condition. I can supply spare parts to convert to right hand drive......
Lotus Elan +2 S 1970***SOLD DEPOSIT TAKEN***
Has just been removed from long term storage (12 years). Has previously had a Lotus galvanised chassis fitted. Requires a little TLC. Excellent project......
Lotus Elan +2 S 130/5 Speed Big Valve Factory 5 Speed Gearbox in JPS colours. Was originally Tawny Metallic, Oatmeal trim and brand Lotus alloys. Low ownership vehicle, engine has been removed for.....
If you haven't owned one of the original Elan series of Lotus you should make amends and add it to your bucket list. A well sorted example like this is a sheer joy to drive.
The early cars without.....
This is a complete component car with no ID or V5/Chassis plate. It is NOT a stolen or recovered car, was built up in 1990 from factory parts including an original Type 45 body shell and then built.....