Located in the USA...dry desert west no salt on roads..
1962 Sunbeam Alpine Series II....W Hardtop = US-specs....
Price: $11,950...USD dollars....the price can change if there is work or services to this car....
- A RARE 1962.....BIG FINS.....BRITISH ROADSTER.......... One of the first front wheel disc Roadsters in the world.
- This is a true British sports car.
- New front pads, all new rear brakes, shoes, cylinders, lines and hoses.
- All new water pump, hoses, thermostat.
- Has a New starter.
- This car runs great, stops great and starts every time
Model: Series II (1962)
Bond Movie: Dr. No (1962)
- James Bond's first car was the modest Sunbeam Alpine Series II, in lake blue. After being invited to the mountain apartment of enemy spy Miss Taro, Bond drove the Sunbeam up the dusty road and into a trap. He was soon chased by a large hearse that tried to ram him off the edge of the sharp cliff. After some tense corners, a crane blocked the road ahead. Bond managed to pass underneath, but the hearse was too tall and skidded off the mountain to a fiery death.
- Like many Bond cars to follow, the Sunbeam was English made, manufactured just outside of Coventry in the West Midlands. The iconic car had also featured in the novel Dr. No, where it was the personal car of John Strangways, head of Station J, Jamaica. For the film, it was rumored that the producers had borrowed the Sunbeam from a local resident to avoid the cost of importing their own.
VIDEO OF SUNBEAM STARTING
- details above
- International buyers welcome!
- I might consider a possible trade, what do you have? What are you looking for?
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...
Shipping at your cost example...is about $2,500.. to the UK ports...non driven project cars will cost more to ship and truck....
HERE AT CARNELL CLASSICCARS IN HARROGATE NORTH YORKSHIRE WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD A SOFT SPOT FOR THE 60's SUNBEAM ALPINES .
AS YOU WILL SEE FROM THE CLASSIC CAR MAGAZINE FEATURING US 5 YEARS AGO IN 2014.YOU.....
A VERY nice and complete 1953 Sunbeam Alpine roadster. Runs and drives very well. It is a little customized with a rear seat in the trunk and a non Original 6 cil. engine. It has a nice interior and.....