I bought the vehicle in 2010 as a 4 speed 2.8i with the intention of converting it to a 24v V6 Ford Cosworth and using it as a reliable, daily driver classic.
As part of this conversion the entire vehicle was stripped to its bare shell and following a complete respray, the vehicle was subject to a high-quality nut and bolt restoration that took me nearly five years to complete around my home and work commitments.
The shell is all factory original including the front wings, valences and wheel arches and it only required a very small repair to the offside footwell prior to painting.
The mileage showing on the original 2.8i was what I believe, based on the condition of the car, to be a genuine 77,000 miles. During the restoration the instrument cluster was damaged in storage and a replacement had to be sourced. The milometer on the replacement unit showed 2947 miles when fitted and the current reading is 7845 miles meaning the vehicle has covered just 4898 miles since the restoration. This is all supported by the MOT history which is available on the DVLA website.
The car has never been abused or raced on a track and its condition reflects the years of careful ownership and pampering it has received from me. Where I have been unable to repair or maintain a part of the car myself, I have paid for top quality service from respected and reputable companies. The car has been garaged since I bought it.
The vehicle has never failed to pass an MOT until the most recent one last August when it failed because I had inadvertently fitted the directional RS wheels on the incorrect side of the vehicle. A ball joint dust cover had also found perished and this, along with the correct wheel refitment, was rectified there and then by the garage and the vehicle re-tested and passed the same day.
I have spent well in excess of £20k achieving a very high standard rebuild of this vehicle and had every intention of keeping it however, I also have other projects that I would like to complete and so regrettably, in order to free up some garage space, the Capri will have to move on to a new home.
I have an agreed valuation with my insurance company for more than the asking price.
The specification is as follows:
• All original panels painted in modern Ford Panther Black metallic paint and finished with silver Capri S stripes.
• Dynax S50 underbody and cavity protection.
• 222bhp N/A Ford Cosworth BOA engine built by Ric Wood motorsport using genuine Ford parts.
• Emerald K6 mappable engine management system and new engine wiring loom.
• Innovate LC2 wide and O2 sensor and control module.
• Janspeed stainless steel Capri 2.8i exhaust system.
• K&N air filter and cold air induction kit.
• Kenlowe ECU controlled 14” radiator cooling fan.
• Triple cored 2.8i radiator.
• Roose Motorsport silicone cooling hoses throughout.
• Capri Sport strut brace
• Uprated HD Type 9 5-speed gearbox including HD bearings and Quaife main case.
• Rear axle TRANX LSD.
Suspension and Brakes
• New rear single leaf springs with 1” lowering blocks
• SPAX adjustable rear shock absorbers.
• Rebuilt (by Bilstein) Bilstein strut inserts with 145lb -1” front coil springs.
• Polybushed suspension.
• 4 pot front brake callipers.
• Vented front discs.
• Black motorsport grade brake hoses front and rear.
• Heated front and rear wind screens.
• Tinted glass throughout.
• Genuine Ford electric aerial.
• Colour coded Bullet torpedo door mirrors.
• Quad headlight conversion with uprated headlamp bulbs.
• Clear front indicator lens conversion.
• LED sidelights.
• Bonnet struts.
• Capri Club International front splitter.
• Upgraded ceramic rheostat fuel sender.
• New front and rear bumpers and corner trims.
• Dynamat sound proofing throughout.
• Two tone leather seats and doorcards.
• Leather trimmed dashtop.
• Original carpets.
• Recaro front seats with RS fishnet headrests.
• Perforated black leather RS 4-spoke steering wheel with NRG quick release steering column boss.
• Electric front windows.
• Central door locking (not boot).
• Retrimmed headlining in original Ford grey perforated material.
• Period Ford radio with adapter to play iPhone music.
• Modern Alpine speakers front and rear retaining the original door speaker and rear parcel shelf support speaker covers.
• New heater motor and heater matrix.
• Optima Red Top boot located gel battery with fused short circuit overload protection.
• Capri Club parcel shelf.
Wheels and Tyres
• Set of 4 RS 17 x 7” Softline alloys fitted with 205/40 R17 tyres.
• H&R Hub-centric 30mm alloy wheel spacer kit.
• Extended wheel studs.
There is a strong market for Classic Fords of this standard and specification but I have also tried to be realistic with pricing. I am in no rush to sell the vehicle and so I do not want to receive low offers from chancers or traders. Serious buyers only please.
The vehicle can be inspected and I would encourage you to do so as it will be sold as seen however, if you wish to drive it yourself then you will need to provide me with a copy of your fully comprehensive insurance cover beforehand otherwise I am more than happy to take you for a drive in it myself.
There is a limit as to how many photos I can add to this advert so if more are required or you would like further details then please call and I will be happy to assist.
I have now been able to take some additional photos of the car outside in the daylight along with a couple of video clips with the engine running.
Please message me via C&C if you would like these sending to you.
This stunning Capri was first registered on 15th September 1981 and has been owned by the vendor since 28th January 1991. Throughout his ownership the Capri has been restored and upgraded to the magnificent.....
1978 Capri 3000 Ghia The Mark 3 Capri was introduced in UK early March 1978.This particular car was registered on 10.3 1978 making it a very early mk3 Finished in Signal amber with green tints and.....
For Sale is the 1972 Ford Capri 3000E car number 12 that F.1 Legend the Late / Great Niki Lauda drove @ a packed Wiggins Teape / FordSports Day race meeting @ Brands Hatch on Sunday May 28th 1972......