I have owned this car for over 15 years but have too many vehicles and not enough time or space for all of them!
I bought this car as a non-runner in 2004 as the 2 door 99T was my dream car. After lots of work, including a full engine rebuild and refurbished gearbox I got it on the road and drove it for 3 or 4 years.
Life then happened and it spent 10 years clogging up my garage and carport before I got back to it in 2017. After quite a lot of bodywork and welding and various other bits and pieces It has been back on the road since 2018 and passed its last MOT in September 2019 with no advisories.
It now runs well - though I have only managed to put around 1000 miles on it over the last 2 years.
However, it isn’t perfect and needs a new enthusiast who has the time to drive it and give it the love it deserves. I have too many other projects!
I have a large collection of receipts for lots of money that I have spent on parts for it since 2004!
• Rebuilt Engine with new pistons & rings, bearings, water pump, timing gear, timing chain, tensioner, ported and polished cylinder head.
• Rebuilt Starter Motor and Alternator
• New -40mm springs
• Rebuilt Gearbox
• New Clutch & Master cylinder
• New Radiator
• Headliner replaced
Over the last 3 years it has had:
• New Brake Master cylinder
• New Clutch Slave cylinder
• New Front brake calipers
• New Front brake disks & pads
• Set of new Wheelarch trims
• New top door hinges
• New Battery
• Replacement front ball joints
• New tyres & wheel alignment
• Braided fuel hoses
• Speedo gear replaced
• Boot trim recovered with carpet
• Most of body resprayed and underside undersealed.
The car has an original Saab optional extra water injection kit which does actually work (though I have had to modify it slightly to work round NLA parts – It now uses a Saab APC valve to control the wastegate).
The original 99 turbo and diaphragm wastegate have been replaced with a later water cooled c900 turbo, which runs through a custom-made downpipe. (The original turbo and intake pipework will be included with the car if you want to rebuild it or just turn it into a one of a kind ornament!)
This car is not perfect:
• The turbo is a bit noisy and it would probably benefit from a rebuilt unit.
• The paint is not perfect.
• There are odd bits of broken/missing/worn trim (as expected from a 38 year old car)
• The seat heaters and headlamp wipers do not work and the heater fan motor sometimes makes weird noises.
Fantastic Saab 99 with 5 speed manual gearbox. Complete renovation approx. 8 years ago and still a beauty! Only 30k !!miles since renovation. Interior extraordinary clean . Stylish car! Call us for.....
THE PERFECT 99% RUST FREE SOLID RESTORATION/RECOMMISSIONING PROJECT! THIS IS A GREAT RARE BASE FOR ANY WOULD BE SAAB OR SWEDISH CAR FAN! THIS A GENUINE 1971 SAAB 99 185 1850cc 2DR SALOON/COUPE 'USA.....
We are pleased to offer this extremely rare SAAB 99 from 1970. Launched in 1968, early models like this example were fitted with chrome bumpers and feature round dials similar to those found in the.....
1 owner from new. Miles are original 29000 only. The car is in a new condition as it was saved into a garage and was not beeing used for most of its life.
The paint is original. Upholstery and carpet.....