Seller's phone number is protected behind a forwarding service
Lotus Carlton 075G for sale from my collection. This is a low mileage (40k) low owner (3 including me) car in exceptional condition.
I acquired this car 4 years ago from Scotland. 075 (cherished plate H75 included on the car), was the first Lotus Carlton to arrive in Scotland. The first owner maintained it in exceptional condition and had it a number of years, putting on the majority of the 40k miles. The second owner stored the car for a number of years with minimal annual mileage. The MOT history (100% complete certificates included in the massive history file), support minimal annual mileage at this time. I then acquired the car in 2016, as a passionate Vauxhall Collector.
Already in very very good condition, I have spared no expense to make the car in as best mechanical and presentational condition as it can be. Making sure that it drives as factory fresh as Hethel engineers intended. Over my ownership I have performed ongoing progressive (and light) refurbishment work with the goal of making this one of the very best LC examples in the land. I am delighted with the car as it stands now. With all enhancement works completed and it running as if new. And looking amazing! A HUGE history file comes with a car which includes:
- Original Bill of Sale
- Original Dealer brochures, signed by the selling dealer!
- Rare Ian Adcock limited edition Lotus Carlton book
- Lotus Heritage Certificate of Provenance.
- Full original service books and manuals
- Full (2 x binders) Service Manuals. These are very rare in of themselves
- Full service history. Main dealer initially, then annual MOTs when the car was stored by the 2nd owner. And in my ownership 100% records of all work. All of which has been completed by Agamemnon Lotus Carlton specialist (Joe Ellis) in Daventry.
- Copy of original parliamentary debate papers in which the Government debated banning the Lotus Carlton in 1990 as they saw it as a "wreckless invitation to speed". Make no mistake. This is a legend of British motoring.
In my ownership, LC specialist Agamemnon have completed all enhancing refurbishment works, complemented by some work completed last year by Renaissance Classics. The work completed is HUGE, with 10s of thousands spent. All work is fully documented and invoices can be inspected. Work includes:
- New clutch
- New front control arms (OE) including bushing.
- Fully refurbished shock absorbers all around.
- New Discs and pads all round
- Fully refurbished original brake calipers (this is not a cheap job!) all round
- Rear trailing arms removed, blasted and powder coated. Including brand new wheel bearings.
- Front subframe removed, blasted and powder coated.
- Brand new front to back fully stainless steel exhaust. Manufactured by BTB Exhausts
- Engine plenums painted.
- Brake master cylinder rebuild
- New throttle cable installed
- New injectors
- Brand new entire air conditioning system (condenser, pump, everything) installed in 2019. Very rarely therefore the air conditioning system fully works!
- All 4 wheels fully refurbished
- Any surface corrosion (very common on LCs) removed from all areas and paint applied where required (eg common areas such as lower rear doors, wind and rear screen surrounds.
- Full ceramic coating applied.
In summary the car is now exceptional. As the photos indicate. And wants for nothing. All major work now completed. Ready to enjoy.
Only reasonable offers considered.
I can be contacted on the number below with any queries.
Very rare Carlton 2.0i CDX Auto. Only 16 go these cars currently left on the road in the UK. Owned for 2.5 years and used a daily driver. 100 % reliable, never fails to start, super smooth, quiet,.....
To be offered by Silverstone Auctions as part of the live online ‘May Sale’ from 2:00pm BST on Saturday 23rd May 2020. Please see the Silverstone Auctions website for full details of how to register.....