- Introduced in 2005, the Ferrari Superamerica was a convertible version of the 575M Maranello; it featured an electrochromic glass panel roof which rotated 180° at the rear to lie flat over the boot taking 60 seconds for operation. Patented Revocromico the roof incorporates carbon fibre structure that is hinged on the single axis with a luggage compartment lid, allowing the access to the latter even with an open roof. The roof was manufactured in collaboration with French glass specialist Saint Gobain.
- With the roof open, the rear window, apart for holding the third stop light, also acts as a wind deflector. This roof design was previously used on a 2000 Alfa Romeo Vola, designed by Leonardo Fioravanti.
- The Superamerica used the higher-output tune of the V12 engine used on the 575M, codenamed the F133 G, rated at 540 PS (397 kW; 533 hp) and Ferrari marketed it as the world's fastest convertible car, with a top speed of 320 km/h (199 mph). The GTC handling package was optional.
- Total production amounted to 559 units; this number followed Enzo Ferrari's philosophy that there should always be one fewer car available than what the market demanded; only 43 of those had a manual gearbox.
1997 Ferrari F550 MARANELLO V-12 = a clean Yellow driver coming soon and on request please....
Specs and history
- details above
A total of 2,056 cars were produced.
- Pursuing & Preserving Fine Automobiles is a leading specialist of the classic collector market.
- Our unique concept of sales, service, storage and detailing is tailor-made to the enthusiast automotive lifestyle.
Terms of Sale Overview
We reserve the right to remove this listing at anytime should the vehicle no longer be available for sale.
The following terms of sale apply to all of our listings.
All financial transactions must be completed prior to our release of any vehicle and its registration.
- All inspections welcome... We ship worldwide.
If you have questions please email us below...bnz
Shipping at your cost example...is about $1,500.. to the UK ports...
To Be OFFERED AT AUCTION WITHOUT RESERVE at RM Sothebys' Amelia Island event, 6 - 7 March 2020. Estimate:$100,000 - $125,000 Finished in gorgeous Grigio Ingrid Driven only 6,129 miles from newIncludes.....